Is Windows 10 Mobile developer preview stable enough to install on my one and only phone?

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
As you all know that Windows 10 Mobile is not going to make it to Nokia Lumia 925. I want to experience Windows 10 Mobile on my phone & the only way to get it is via Developer Preview. Is Windows 10 Mobile Developer Preview stable enough to be installed on my one and only Nokia Lumia 925?

Note: I don't have any other phone.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
As you all know that Windows 10 Mobile is not going to make it to Nokia Lumia 925. I want to experience Windows 10 Mobile on my phone & the only way to get it is via Developer Preview. Is Windows 10 Mobile Developer Preview stable enough to be installed on my one and only Nokia Lumia 925?

Note: I don't have any other phone.

The right name is Insider now. If you download and register to Windows Insider, and choose the Release Ring, you'll get the same win10 build released as official. Then, that's clear ;)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use Insider on the Release Ring, the same version is fetched as the recent public Upgrade received by these phones (10.0.10586.xxx): Phones Eligible for Windows 10 Mobile Official.

If your phone is not on the supported list, then 10586.xxx (Threshold) is the end of the line. You may as well use Insider and select Production to un-enroll your phone from Insider, but at least you have W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to you without any Insider access required.

Check out this thread: Windows Insider Testing and You [Recommended Guidelines]

For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so it is the way to revert if you don't care for W10M: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?

Ok, thank you. How much is the file size of Windows 10 Mobile?

Approx. 3.5GB.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OS + Core Apps + recovery image in case you need to reset your device... On my 1520 it shows "System & Reserve" as 3.49 GB, on my 640 it shows as 3.17 GB.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
3.5 GB :shocked: Too much for an mobile phone OS. This equal to the computer version of Windows 10.

I can't find data on the size of other OSes right now, but I can definitely say 3.5 GB is way to small for an install of Windows 10.

Desktop Windows 10's system requirements specify 16 GB of space, and that's without much breathing room left over.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The builds are pretty stable overall but you may want to backup your data before the upgrade and then perform a hard reset to iron out any software quirks. You can start fresh after that. One thing to note is the battery life, read the 925 threads to get a sense of it.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
No, I'll take the jump on 14th or 15th of this month because that is the data cycle period. If I do now my data will be exhausted. I've already installed "Windows Insider" app and opted for "Release Ring".

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Yaay! Yesterday night I installed Windows 10 Mobile and I'm loving it, everything in it is so smooth and refined and polished. It looks like the OS from the future and feels like it is 5 steps ahead of all other OS's. Yes, glance screen works. Didn't test its battery backup as I was busy customising the phone. It seems like I won't be going to back to Windows Phone 8.1 any time soon :excited: :excited: :excited:

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Battery back up is not great. You'll only get 70% to 80% :unhappy: of backup of what you used to get while using Windows Phone 8.1. Also glance screen also doesn't change its position while "Always on" and when it is kept for charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi