Highest connection speed is not rising above edge (2G)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 830, W10M insider preview build 14393 (fast ring).

I have been noticing, since last 5-6 builds, that my phone doesn't connect to my carrier's 3G network but instead remains stuck at 2G. The Highest connection speed on my phone is set to 4G but still it doesn't go past edge. Even setting it to 3G-only doesn't work. Doing this simply disconnects my phone from the network.

Is this a known OS issue or my operator's issue? FYI, 3G is already active on my SIM and my carrier's LTE network (FDD-LTE) is not supported by my Lumia 830.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I have been noticing, since last 5-6 builds, that my phone doesn't connect to my carrier's 3G network but instead remains stuck at 2G. The Highest connection speed on my phone is set to 4G but still it doesn't go past edge. Even setting it to 3G-only doesn't work. Doing this simply disconnects my phone from the network.

Is this a known OS issue or my operator's issue? FYI, 3G is already active on my SIM and my carrier's LTE network (FDD-LTE) is not supported by my Lumia 830.

try getting a replacement SIM as that would be the easier option

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
If your carrier's LTE network is not supported by you phone it isn't the OS. However you can change the carrier's LTE settings to something compatible to your phone by changing the VPN settings.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
If your carrier's LTE network is not supported by you phone it isn't the OS. However you can change the carrier's LTE settings to something compatible to your phone by changing the VPN settings.
I am not expecting my phone to connect to my carrier's LTE network anyways. I am talking about 3G. My phone does support 3G and it is enabled on my SIM.

I thought this might be an OS issue because it has been happening since last few builds only. Before that everything was alright. Hard reset also doesn't work. Yesterday, I activated a 3G data plan and thought this might fix the problem and reactivate 3G but it didn't. I expected the data connection to be H+ as always, but it was still stuck at E (2G).

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Deepak

Yeah you should Update the Carrier settings manually bu going into settings

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah you should Update the Carrier settings manually bu going into settings

No, the carrier settings were alright on my phone. For some reason, 3G services had been deactivated for my number which were restored after I contacted the operator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon