09-28-2016 10:55 PM
88 1234
tools
    Can't get the Insert option to work with photos, Insert will only allow me to attach files (that I can't resize).
    09-16-2016 08:23 AM
    It also apparently fixes the screen scaling issue in devices such as Lumia 635/636/638.

I'm not brave enough to test it out, because somehow my officially unsupported 512 MB device managed to get itself on the Anniversary Update production ring, and I'm afraid if I switch to an Insider ring, I might not be able to get back to production again. And reverting the phone to the factory default OS using WDRT is not an option for me because then I might not be able to use Windows 10 Mobile at all unless I do some very unwelcome hacking.

Are there any brave souls out there with a 635/636/638 who are brave enough to try a Fast Ring build to find out for sure if the issue is resolved?
    Hi. I updated my 635 1GB version (it's not my main device) and the scaling problem on my phone has been resolved I'm pleased to say.
    09-16-2016 11:57 AM
    Kinda bummed that it won't install on my 650. I've tried numerous times over the past 3 days but always get the same message that some parts could not be installed and the same error code. But at least the phone still works and all apps seem to update fine on it.
    09-16-2016 12:39 PM
    i have the same problem..... have u tried hard reset?? it doesnt work for me. after the update even my pc isnt detecting the device let alone wdrt. this is annoying.
    09-16-2016 02:15 PM
    Happy to see that either the latest wp10 update or the latest MS Health update has fixed my Band 2 issues again. Lets see if they can avoid breaking it in every second or third release.
    09-16-2016 02:35 PM
    This happened to my ativ-se masquerading as an ICON. I did a hard reset and it retained the 14926-1000 upgrade and it returned to working condition. It did find my SIM card. I lost all my contacts though.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-16-2016 03:43 PM
    This happened to my ativ-se masquerading as an ICON. I did a hard reset and it retained the 14926-1000 upgrade and it returned to working condition. It did find my SIM card. I lost all my contacts though.
    Give it a bit of time, they may still repopulate... That is if you can afford to wait.

You might also try logging into Outlook mail in a web browser > click the apps button capture02.png > select People > click the gear in the upper right (settings) > click Refresh to try and sync it back to the account.
    09-16-2016 04:30 PM
    Having a problem with my 640. I had to replace my SD Card so I put in a working and newly exfat formatted, SanDisk 64GB card and did a hard reset in order for my ridiculous amount of apps can reinstall from the subsequent sync.

The problem is that the phone seems to get stuck right after I connect to wifi and put in my MS online credentials to reload everything. It stays on the blank screen with the five chasing dots for hours! After 4 or so hours I bite the bullet and power cycle the phone. It tells me "Welcome Back" and picks up asking me if I want to use Cortana and the and I answer "yes."

It then completes and I have a basic 14926 build without any of my settings, apps or anything. I know that sync was active because I had just successfully completed a hard reset just last week. Anyone have any ideas? I done this twice with the same results. I know, "definition of insanity..."
    09-16-2016 08:30 PM
    I have a weird issue where my Photos app won't update with new photos or screenshots I take. It always shows the same ones, even though I can find the new ones through File Explorer. I've tried rebooting and a soft reset. Even tried removing the card, booting the phone, turning it off, inserting the card again and turning it back on. Nothing changed.
    09-16-2016 10:21 PM
    I also get these issues with long deleted photos still show up in library, possibly onedrive issue rather than anything else.

As for latest update I decided to hard reset and start fresh and so far everything has improved a lot, even though I did not want to go through with setting everything up again, I think it was well worth it...
    09-17-2016 02:31 PM
    Lumia 435 dual sim here, just updated fro 10.0.14393 to this one 10.0.14926, here are my problems...
    I use two sim cards and I get the double icon at the top stating no sim in either slot so no calls or messages, hell not even a signal bar.
    Wi-Fi gone a nacker, not showing the signal bar, it does work if I manually connect but still no icon
    Lastly (most important bug / error) every 5 - 10 minutes my phone is restarting over and over.

Sitting here now for the next 3 hours to format my phone back to windows 8.1 just so I can then re upgrade it back to a production build of windows 10, this is ultra annoying, why no option to just rollback one build is that to simple, thanks Microsoft... ill be thinging of you during my next phone purchase, not!
    Your SIM card issue sounds suspiciously like what I experienced with my Elite X3. Turns out that the second SIM card was improperly placed in the little tray.

Sent from mTalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-17-2016 04:41 PM
    Was working well on 950xl. Installed a compass app (which uses the magnetmeter) and got the no sim error immediately.

Power cycle didn't work. Had to actually eject the sim to get it working again...
    09-18-2016 01:19 PM
    I lost my insider preview. I click on the fix me button and my phone returns to the start screen. When I try to log into OneDrive, I click sign-in and my phone returns to the start screen. I go into account settings and notice all of my accounts (Live, and Yahoo) seem to have passwords twice as long as they should be. I correct them and then when I check them again it is twice as long again. I go into settings, accounts, Your info and it shows local account. When I click on "sign in with a microsoft account instead" i get the pop-up "search for app in store?", i click yes, I get "Try that again". I need some hope. I did a hard reset after the upgrade to 14926.1000 because it could not find my sim card. Well the sim card issue is fixed. but this issue remains
    09-18-2016 03:21 PM
    Upgrading from windows phone 8.1 to 14xxx builds feels like this:

in a word - prime
    Kerry2112 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-19-2016 05:27 AM
    Anyone else having problems with W8.1 apps on this build? Many of the older apps I use are not working properly on this build. Besides CloudMuzik (which I already reported on), ESPN crashes frequently, as does the RBC banking app. In fact, I think ALL the 8.1 apps I use are problematic on this build. Soft resets don't help.

In addition, Settings sometimes crashes.

I've considered a hard reset but I think I will wait for the next build. If no improvement, then I'll do the hard reset.
    09-19-2016 08:58 AM
    Skype was not updating to new build, the one with sms relay, uninstalled old version, changed default app storage to device, tried again and got it :-)
    Shamshi-Adad and RumoredNow like this.
    09-19-2016 12:02 PM
    Anyone else having problems with W8.1 apps on this build? Many of the older apps I use are not working properly on this build. Besides CloudMuzik (which I already reported on), ESPN crashes frequently, as does the RBC banking app. In fact, I think ALL the 8.1 apps I use are problematic on this build. Soft resets don't help.

I've considered a hard reset but I think I will wait for the next build. If no improvement, then I'll do the hard reset.
    I know you're tech-savvy, I've read you enough. These apps on a SD card or internal?

Peace. Alan
    ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.]
    09-19-2016 02:28 PM
    I can not download a OneNote page, been syncing for over two weeks (1GB), I am probably going to have to reset my phone. I preparing for a business trip and don't have time to mess with a major problem (have too many to deal with as it is). can someone that KNOWS (definitely not me) what the down side is? and the easiest way to get back to where I am, only BETTER!:^)

Any help would be appreciated, I really can't afford a brick at this moment.

Thanks!
    09-19-2016 05:50 PM
    I know you're tech-savvy, I've read you enough. These apps on a SD card or internal?

Peace. Alan
    Internal.
    09-19-2016 09:15 PM
    I can not download a OneNote page, been syncing for over two weeks (1GB), I am probably going to have to reset my phone. I preparing for a business trip and don't have time to mess with a major problem (have too many to deal with as it is). can someone that KNOWS (definitely not me) what the down side is? and the easiest way to get back to where I am, only BETTER!:^)

Thanks!
    downside of factory reset would be reinstalling all the apps, losing whatsapp data, maybe other app data too. And the off chance some obscure app refuses to install
    mtf1380 likes this.
    09-20-2016 01:00 AM
    Internal.
    I fold.

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 09:17 AM

I've tried this app, http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=RwLtcAbw it for sure works with gmail accounts, however subscription over google play for work accounts is a no go. Cloudmuzik on the other hand, I had to delete as it is not working period. I have seen the dev's facebook page, he's lost his devices and no longer developing?

Thanks!
    If only one page of One Note why not export that single page to evernote?
    RumoredNow and Kerry2112 like this.
    09-20-2016 12:19 PM
    If only one page of One Note why not export that single page to evernote?
    Thank you zocster, for the suggestion. I don't use Evernote very much (matter of fact, not since 2014), would you mind to elaborate on the process?

Thanks again.

UPDATE: after signing into my Evernote account, I find that I only have 60MB of space available, so I believe that the Evernote solution would prove to be futile, for the pages I am trying to download from OneNote, exceeds this capacity.
    Last edited by mtf1380; 09-20-2016 at 07:33 PM.
    RumoredNow and zocster like this.
    09-20-2016 04:26 PM
    There won't be a new Windows 10 Mobile preview build this week and here's why | Windows Central

Dona Sarkar stated:
    After upgrading to Build 14926, some Insiders reported that the pin pad is no longer visible to unlock their phone even after rebooting the phone and some phones lost the ability to use their SIM card. In both cases, a hard reset of resolves the issue. Based on the feedback we received from Insiders, we have decided not to release a new Mobile build this week until we get fixes for these two issues.
    09-21-2016 06:46 PM
    Thank you zocster, for the suggestion. I don't use Evernote very much (matter of fact, not since 2014), would you mind to elaborate on the process?

Thanks again.

UPDATE: after signing into my Evernote account, I find that I only have 60MB of space available, so I believe that the Evernote solution would prove to be futile, for the pages I am trying to download from OneNote, exceeds this capacity.
    Fortunately I have a business evernote account and a 365, overkill for most, but I like having my options :) Plus I paid up for 2 years, prior to the price hike. A reload may be what's required.
    mtf1380 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-21-2016 07:21 PM
88 1234