Nowhere to change Yahoo password

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm running release preview version 15063.414 on a 950XL, and I can't find where you can change your password. My other accounts all have a place to do it, but not Yahoo. Anyone else having this problem? I might just have to delete it and recreate it.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
You need to sign into your yahoo email online and go into your yahoo account and change it there. Then enter that new password into the phone.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
You need to sign into your yahoo email online and go into your yahoo account and change it there. Then enter that new password into the phone.

Thanks for the reply. I've already changed my password online but can't find anywhere to change it on the phone. The option is there for my other accounts, just not Yahoo. It is still able to get my email so I don't know how that works. Seems weird.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The strange thing is that I can still retrieve Yahoo email from my phone even though I haven't updated the password, which is a bit worrisome.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The strange thing is that I can still retrieve Yahoo email from my phone even though I haven't updated the password, which is a bit worrisome.
If you haven't updated the password and you're still receiving emails on your device then what's wrong? Isn't that how it should be?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't updated the password and you're still receiving emails on your device then what's wrong? Isn't that how it should be?

As I mentioned earlier, I changed my password via the website. Normally you would have to update your password on the phone to be able to get to your account after doing that. My phone is still able to retrieve my email despite the fact it is still configured with the old password.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned earlier, I changed my password via the website. Normally you would have to update your password on the phone to be able to get to your account after doing that. My phone is still able to retrieve my email despite the fact it is still configured with the old password.
I think Yahoo uses some sort of tokenization to keep a user authenticated. Is there an option to logout from all active sessions?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Actually there is in the web interface, good point. I'll try that. Thanks. Just for reference, here's two "Manage Accounts" screens compared. One has an option to change passwords, one doesn't.

wp_ss_20170626_0001.jpgwp_ss_20170626_0002.jpg

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey that worked. I went into the account settings via the web interface on a PC and deleted the phone login, which it refers to as "Mail and Calendar". After that I could not retrieve my email from my phone and it prompted me to fix my account. Clicked on that and it took me to a web interface where you have to accept some permissions conditions and enter your credentials. I was expecting it to be set in the phone settings, but I guess it's no longer there.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes