The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-01-2016 03:49 AM
178 1234 ...
tools
    Anyways,
    I want a full Messaging hub which would be placed to the left of the Start Screen. One swipe away from Messaging, Phone, and People. Not only would it be fully integrated into all of these applications, there would be full Skype integration into all three, so with a few taps you can move from Skype Messaging through Messaging to video calls on Phone to your contacts in People. Microsoft could work with developers of apps like WhatsApp to integrate them into this hub. There would be quick switches between all three so with a single tap you can jump to Phone then back to Messaging with a shortcut to People always right there. Manufacturers spend so much time making your smartphones 'smart' they forget the importance of the simple things like the 'phone' part of smartphone. I think this would be a great feature. Combing Skype Messaging Preview, Skype Video Preview, Phone, People, and any other messaging app that'll support it into one hub that's always a single swipe away.

On an off hand, I'd also love a more complete Action Center (aero transparency, better gestures, etc.) and interactive Live Tiles.
    NeerajMakeBelieve likes this.
    09-21-2015 04:45 PM
    one page settings menu

android can do that, why can't wm?
    We had a one page settings menu before (actually 2 with the pivot) and people still got confused even though if you use it for a bit it's pretty easy to find things.

The settings page in W10M is a poorly done ripoff of Android. The settings menu in 8.1 update 2 would be a big improvement but sadly MS is more interested in conforming to what other companies are doing.
    09-21-2015 05:15 PM
    We had a one page settings menu before (actually 2 with the pivot) and people still got confused even though if you use it for a bit it's pretty easy to find things.

The settings page in W10M is a poorly done ripoff of Android. The settings menu in 8.1 update 2 would be a big improvement but sadly MS is more interested in conforming to what other companies are doing.
    I've been using Windows Phone for years and currently have a Windows Phone as a daily driver and another device running Windows 10 Mobile. From my firsthand experience, the Settings menu in Windows Phone 8.1 is just dreadful, even if you know where everything is. It's a huge list with no perceivable organization and it just looks cluttered. Windows 10 Mobile is much neater than Android even, as Android still has a long list with it's major "categories" really just being headers and nothing more. Windows 10 Mobile's Settings menu isn't perfect (the Extras menu still needs a lot of work, and there's plenty of places where placement, organization, and power could be improved...also I'd quite like universal application settings to be re-implemented as in Windows Phone 8.1) but it's much easier to find what you're looking for and it looks more colorful. Darker colors would be nice but we can't have everything.
    09-21-2015 05:58 PM
    I...I'm not certain you understand what RAM is...
    i'm sure i do, and we used to do it on the htc dream. remap the partition table to cache files elsewhere other than ram to create a swap space, or pagefile. sure it's not physical ram, but it helps with multitasking.
    09-21-2015 06:12 PM
    i'm sure i do, and we used to do it on the htc dream. remap the partition table to cache files elsewhere other than ram to create a swap space, or pagefile. sure it's not physical ram, but it helps with multitasking.
    It would be more frustrating than useful if you were using a low end phone. Chances are the CPU wouldn't know what to do with extra RAM and I'm not sure there's any microSD card that's capable of providing decent performance, or decent life. RAM is built differently then flash or SSD or HDD or any other form of storage as it's not meant for storing anything for any length of time. "Random Access Memory." Trying to repurpose something built for storage for RAM purposes doesn't sound all that worthwhile when the performance 'boost' would be negligible and the life time of the microSD card would be heavily reduced.
    09-21-2015 07:17 PM
    Iris scanners do not map the veins in the back of your eyes. That would be retina scanners, which are far more secure yet require you to be much closer and take more space. Iris scanners simply scan your iris. It's less secure but you don't have to be as close.
    I'm aware that's why I mentioned iris scanner + additional tech like kinect, etc. As there are ways to get around iris scanners although they are quite complex. I read a paper from 2002 though who knows how far the tech has gone.
    09-21-2015 07:48 PM
    I'm aware that's why I mentioned iris scanner + additional tech like kinect, etc. As there are ways to get around iris scanners although they are quite complex. I read a paper from 2002 though who knows how far the tech has gone.
    There are ways to get around any security protocol. The goal is to have other security protocols to stop the workarounds of the first security protocols and etc.
    09-21-2015 07:54 PM
    It would be more frustrating than useful if you were using a low end phone. Chances are the CPU wouldn't know what to do with extra RAM and I'm not sure there's any microSD card that's capable of providing decent performance, or decent life. RAM is built differently then flash or SSD or HDD or any other form of storage as it's not meant for storing anything for any length of time. "Random Access Memory." Trying to repurpose something built for storage for RAM purposes doesn't sound all that worthwhile when the performance 'boost' would be negligible and the life time of the microSD card would be heavily reduced.
    again, we used to do it on htc dreams with old qualcom processors and sdcards. it worked fine.
    09-21-2015 08:01 PM
    again, we used to do it on htc dreams with old qualcom processors and sdcards. it worked fine.
    Our definitions of "fine" must be different, good sir, but I won't berate you. You're perfectly entitled to your own opinions and you're welcome to do whatever you wish with your own device(s). I just (in my opinion) do not believe it would be worthwhile.
    Youloufy likes this.
    09-21-2015 08:03 PM
    i would like to have email system as good as blackberry.. no need to download mails to forward it as it is with attachments and also we can write the mails as EDIT AS NEW which is missing...
    eryvile and vrabac like this.
    09-21-2015 11:47 PM
    Tri Coloured LED
    1 - missed call, 2 - missed SMS, 3 missed email (or tweet, or facebook notification)
    09-22-2015 08:15 PM
    Auto hide the task bar (the area at the top of the screen that shows signal bars, notifications and battery stats)

Like it once was on wp8
    Last edited by xandros9; 09-28-2015 at 12:21 AM.
    09-22-2015 08:37 PM
    I'm fine with the status bar as it is. It auto hides in apps and in the browser anyways so I don't need more. Besides it's only meant for cursory glances and it'd be frustrating if it was always auto hiding like it did in Windows Phone 8. I understand the aesthetic appeal but I believe it's more useful as it is.
    09-22-2015 08:42 PM
    x86.

It's the only thing that I believe would unequivocally salvage Windows Mobile and definitively set it apart from Android and iOS.
    Last edited by imnotevenhererightnow; 09-23-2015 at 08:57 AM.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    09-22-2015 10:33 PM
    Totally agree
    09-22-2015 11:00 PM
    A few ideas:

1. Startup: It would be nice if there is a little animation while booting the device.
    2. Lock Screen Password: At present we are having Pin Password. How about introducing Picture password option just like in WINDOWS PC. Could be useful while using personal Picture as lockscreen.
    3. Tile Colors: Just like automatic change of color of tile from backgroud in WINDOWS PC, there could some automatic change option of tile color according to the lockscreen picture. Could be usefull while using different lockscreen apps that gets updated periodically.
    4. Lock Screen Picture: Bing - if possible adding the categories of images that are available (eg: Animals, Buildings, just like in Bing desktop app)
    5. Left Side Panel: On sliding right side we are getting all apps, why cant we use the left side also. (Might be bad idea, still...) We can use some basic apps like one note.
    09-22-2015 11:32 PM
    Please, please, please support for Office 365 shared exchange email inboxes. We depend on these for running our business and it's a maddening that I can't access these on my WM phone.
    09-22-2015 11:53 PM
    I am a simple man, I only ask for instagram to get out of beta. The official app. :)

As a more tech savy man:
    I would like to have back the facebook messenger in messaging, like they want to do with skype now.
    I know it's very easy to do it but hard to manage it (each backend update from facebook messenger will break the integrated one in WM10).
    Something like trillian, all in messaging app, that would be so awesome.
    09-23-2015 02:38 AM
    first thing i ask is add equilizers with 10 bands for all phones..
    in android with apps we can get,
    this is the only thing i miss so much in windows phone
    09-23-2015 03:32 AM
    support for smart devices, and APPS.
    09-23-2015 03:53 AM
    I agree!
    Also interactive live tiles ;) and SOMETHING on the left side of the start screen :P
    Something on the left side is interesting!! #excited :D :P
    09-23-2015 08:29 AM
    I would like to bring back support for installing local apps that are stored in .xap format in local memory that was possible in Wp8.1, that saved me a lot of data when I installed big apps or games to multiple devices or reinstalling after a reset. Why Microsoft have to remove functionalities and start from scratch everytime we update our OS?
    09-23-2015 08:48 AM
    Detailed lockscreen notifications for more than one application.
    WesleyBPeres likes this.
    09-23-2015 09:00 AM
    I would like to be able to select text anywhere and send it to either a new reminder/task or a new calendar item, or share web urls or emails to directly to calendar or reminders. It's great being able to create a calendar item out of text messages, but I want more. Quickly turning an email into a calendar item or task is one of the best features of (desktop) Outlook and I hope to see that in mobile too.
    09-23-2015 09:07 AM
    This feature would be more on the email/office side but I would love it if my signatures across all devices would be synced and I can have something more than just my name and "Sent from my windows phone" without having to type everything out new each time.
    09-23-2015 10:27 AM
178 1234 ...