Shared google Calendar

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
any advice on adding my Shared Google Calendar in Windows Phone 10? I am able to sync my regular Google calendar but really need my work shared calendar. HELP

wspaw

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've only been able to sync Google calendars if I've got EDIT access for that calendar.

Problem is there have been sync issues. Dozens of calendar events will be edited and/or deleted in an instant. This happened twice before the author of the calendar discovered it was my Google account making the changes unbeknownst to me. So my edit access was removed.

It SUCKS!

I've searched high and low for a solution without any luck.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it's possible. Tried a bunch of things myself and never was able to get it working. You'll need to own the original google calendar.

ArtieMcD

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't need to make edits to the calendar from the phone.. You can subscribe to the shared calendar on Outlook.com and then have it synced to your phone.

wspaw

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've since returned my 950XL and now use a Nexus 6P because of this issue. It really sucks. The 6P is a great phone but I really miss WP, as I've used since the Focus on day 1.

The fingerprint reader on the 6P is incredible and is almost enough, in itself, to tip the scales but combined with not being able to access a work calendar on W10M - there's really no choice. Not really finding myself caring for any apps that I couldn't get on W10M, btw.

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Go here and check the boxen of the calendars you want to sync:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/syncselect

You do NOT need edit access for this to work! My wife shared her calendar with me (read-only), and my Facebook events calendar is hooked into my Google Calendar (also read-only). Both calendars show up on my 640 and Desktop (both 10 Release Preview ring build 10586.456). I had this issue on my 920 on 8.1, and this fixed it. I believe this is due to syncing to a non-Google device, therefore it uses CalDAV. The link above allows you to set which calendars to sync via CalDAV. I think even iUsers have the same issue if they want to sync to iCal. However, most iUsers may just use Google's official Calendar app on their phone, which is why this is not a well-known thing.

I had this same problem with 8.1, hence my search string of "shared google calendar windows phone 8.1" which found the answer that had the link listed above (it was the first hit on both Bing and Google, FWIW). Hopefully there are enough keywords in this post to make it easy to find for someone searching....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes