For those of you that have a Lumia 950 (XL), does NFC tap to pay work?

Randall Cloud

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Several sites, including windowscentral reported back around March that the final version of Windows 10 would have new support for native NFC CC Tap to Pay. All the windows 10 insider previews thus far have not had this feature properly enabled. Does the final version of Win10 running on Lumia 950 (XL) actually support this feature. Can you go in to your wallet and add a CC for payment?

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don?t have a 950XL, but I?m guessing that tap to pay won?t be there soon. The 950 series phones have NFC, and Win10 supports host card emulation, so the pieces are in place to enable tap to pay. What needs to happen next is an app that?s supported by one or more card issuers. If WM market share were larger, I?d expect that to happen pretty soon. As things stand, I expect it?ll be a while before someone decides there?s a big enough market to justify the investment.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Several sites, including windowscentral reported back around March that the final version of Windows 10 would have new support for native NFC CC Tap to Pay. All the windows 10 insider previews thus far have not had this feature properly enabled. Does the final version of Win10 running on Lumia 950 (XL) actually support this feature. Can you go in to your wallet and add a CC for payment?

No, not yet, has the feature, but we need an app to makes it work, JB said that MS is working on that, a guy from Amazon will makes the app for Windows phone.

Spencer Carriveau

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
There needs to be an app for it. I would have that capability on my Lumia 1020 if there was an app for it. There used to be an app for it but AT&T killed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon