My Opinion: The Death of Windows Phone: As a Windows Fan I Don't Need One

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely correct. Most of these threads that have popped up lately are just an excuse to bash WP. I don't care that they're leaving (assuming they ever really owned any WP) or why. I'm sick of seeing these. If Windows Central is going to continue to allow this type of trolling, then it's time to find a different blog. I'm not against legitimate concerns, but a forum like this is far more useful it it's filled with helpful information. I's the same handful of people posting the same fud over and over again. There is one person that had a handful of posts before the release of the new phones that now has over 200 that are all bashing WP. If they want to call me a "******", that's fine. I came to this site because I am a fan of Windows products, and I have no reason to be ashamed of that. If they love their new androids or apples, why aren't they on those sites praising them if they aren't trolls?

Maybe you and Nogitsune Micah are new to enthusiasts forums. Its very common to see people come and go. Those that leave typically explain in a post why they leave. Its not exclusive to Windows Central. The sad part is that Windows Mobile is bleeding more users than in the past. You should have seen the Crackberry forum in 2010, or the Notion Ink Forums in 2011, or even better the Dreamcast forums in 2000.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think this has been a good discussion and judging by the number of replies so do a lot of others. If you are not interested or find this type of post somehow unimportant, don't comment and move on to the next one.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I think this has been a good discussion and judging by the number of replies so do a lot of others. If you are not interested or find this type of post somehow unimportant, don't comment and move on to the next one.

It's hard to ignore and not respond when you see uninformed bashing and just flat out lies. Maybe its just me, but when I see someone talking out if their nether region it behooves me to respond.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to ignore and not respond when you see uninformed bashing and just flat out lies. Maybe its just me, but when I see someone talking out if their nether region it behooves me to respond.

My 950xl is full of drugs and held up a liquor store...that is making up things. The fact that my 950xl experience was so bad it wasted two days of time and ended up in a difficult day returning it, followed by deciding to share my experience is just truth. But I agree, it is on paper an awesome phone and I hope wm10 doesn't die, but I fear it cant keep on at this pace.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Of course.... "Windows Central" should only already praises of Windows phone and Windows.... Nothing else. Other than praises, you will be labelled as TROLL, even though the facts are mentioned. Well done there! /s

It's not so much the opinion that bothers me but the way it is stated. Telling people they don't need a phone based on some random persons criteria is bogus. Diminishing those who choose to get these phones as just fanboys basically taking what they can get is bogus. So its no wonder why people get labeled as trolls.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you and Nogitsune Micah are new to enthusiasts forums. Its very common to see people come and go. Those that leave typically explain in a post why they leave. Its not exclusive to Windows Central. The sad part is that Windows Mobile is bleeding more users than in the past. You should have seen the Crackberry forum in 2010, or the Notion Ink Forums in 2011, or even better the Dreamcast forums in 2000.

I actually own and run my own forum. So I definitely am well aware of how forums work.

we have threads for that. There is no reason to make new threads. Why this was not merged into the existing why i am switching thread is beyond me.

Fact is these types of threads seem less like a reason to say goodbye but more of a "lets see how many likes and thanks I can get" and also "lets see how me people I can get riled up."

Hence why I said this thread seems like more a flame vs anything of substance.

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same feelings as many, LOVE windows phone OS, hate the app gap.

I just want to remind people that most phones can do wifi hotspot and its free on every single data share plan, that most people have, and you know.... you could get an iPod touch to go along with the Windows phone you love and have access to every single iOS app and still be able to use your Windows phone as a daily driver with an assistant ( the iPod )

jus sayin.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Why this was not merged into the existing why i am switching thread is beyond me.

It's because it's not a why I am switching thread. The OP is not switching because of his problem with WM. He was forced to switch for other reasons, and his MS experience is almost the same. That's what this thread is about.

dodi779

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Probably this is why I'm here. Microsoft and all the fans. All positive people. I mean the hardcore base. Not the ones being here since a couple of month or even just a couple of years. Android and apple well they are good so they can run their own business. I wish all the best for you guys on android and IOS!!! Honestly I hope you guys won't come back. This is the crowd i want to stick with. Keep it up MS!!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same feelings as many, LOVE windows phone OS, hate the app gap.

I just want to remind people that most phones can do wifi hotspot and its free on every single data share plan, that most people have, and you know.... you could get an iPod touch to go along with the Windows phone you love and have access to every single iOS app and still be able to use your Windows phone as a daily driver with an assistant ( the iPod )

jus sayin.

But then they would say why carry around two devices lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon