No SMS/integrated Skype notifications on W10M

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't get any notifications from the Messaging app on W10M. It worked before, on previous builds and previous Messaging app versions.

Now, it's perfectly silent. I don't get ANY Messaging notifications on the Lockscreen, in Action Center or in Live Tile pinned on Start Screen.

If I open Messaging, the messages are all there, appearing as unread. I tried changing the Messaging app sound, try messing with various setting, integrated Skype included. No dice.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Same build, same problem here for a couple weeks now on my Icon. I was hoping today's messaging update might fix it, but no joy so far.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Follow up - I didn't do extensive testing, but toggling the Notification on and off (or rebooting, not sure which) made the next SMS I got show up as a notification. I will follow up here if it continues to not work.

Edit - can confirm that rebooting and/or toggling the Notifications setting for the Messenging app fixed the issue for me.

Last edited:

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The "fix" for mine was to go to Background Apps and turning ON Messaging + Skype. For some reason it was turned off. Feeling happy with Win10m again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon