Cortana tries to dial local numbers as international

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I asked Cortana to dial my wife's mobile number and she said sure. The next thing I heard was Verizon telling me I don't have an international plan. For some reason she decided to take the number from the contact and prefix it with the international prefix and country code, causing the call to fail. When I dialed the number manually from the contact it worked fine.

Is there some setting that will fix this, or is it the bug that will send me back to 8.1?

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
In your phone settings, do you have the "International Assist" option on or off? Might want to try changing that setting and see if it helps.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Was this a mobile or landline phone? It shouldn't ever be a problem to dial any number in the format +12125551212 from a mobile phone - Verizon should be smart enough to detect the national number. Dialing a full number like that from a landline is generally more problematic.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it was mobile to mobile and yes I tried international assist. Whatever is going on didn't happen with 8.1, same contacts...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes