Here Transit for W10 Mobile?

jdeangoldstein

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know why the Here Transit app from WP8.1 is not available on W10M? I can pull it up in the store but it says it's not compatible with my device (Lumia 950XL). That app was awesome and I don't find the same level of transit help in the default maps app.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There must be separate versions of the Here apps for WP8 and W10M. Search again and see if you can find the right app. I just downloaded and installed Here Transit on my 950.

jdeangoldstein

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a 950xl... Could that be why? Can you share your link to the Here Transit? When I search I see it but get the same message about my device not being compatible.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes 2 show up. Try installing one and if it states device is not compatible the. Simply install the other one. This is true for a number of HERE apps. Just have to install the right version.

Ingrid Willekens

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, When searching the store for the HERE drive app for my 950, I've noticed that when you type the apps name in the search window, a list of apps appears. But when you click on the app in that list, you only get the W8.1 version. Though when you click on the search icon in the key board, instead of on the app in the list, you get to see both versions and can download the W10M version. I didn't check if this works for all the HERE apps though. I only use Drive+

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have those three Here apps working as well, plus I have Here City Lens though LiveSight integrated in Here Maps does just about the same thing.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
hi,

just purchased 950xl today, first thing i wana download is the HERE MAPS, but i cant seem to download, even though i can see the app in the store ...

is there any reason? how can we approach the app developer to fix the bug

thanks!

Ingrid Willekens

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I Have some bad news for Here Maps lovers! Turns out the company will stop all support for the Windows platform soon. The app will disappear from the store, end of this month and it will no longer work on Windows 10 devices starting June 30. It will keep working on Windows 8.1 devices though, but map updates won't be available anymore. They do plan to continue development for android and ios, just not for the platform that made them great. I call that blunt betrayal! 👎

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes