Windows 10 + Lumia 520?

loic_lahaye

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 + lumia 520 ??

Hi,

I've tried windows 10 3 times on my lumia 520. Every time i rolled back to windows 8.1 because it was still to buggy or not enough optimized to work nice on a 512 mb of ram device.

Is it now the good time to finally upgrade ? Is it enough done optimized for my 520 ??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's just slow ? Nice :) Aren't they any big freeze ? Like in the previous build ? (I had to remove the battery to reboot )...

NEVER REMOVE battery! There's soft reset for that. Hold power + vold down 10/15 secs until screen goes black. Then release, you'll feel a vibro, and phone reboots.
Removing often battery can damage cover pins

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 + lumia 520 ??

I am too realising that the w10m is not yet fully optimize for Lumia 520, I tried many w10m versions like .29, .36, .107, .122 but every time i ended up to roll back to wp8.1 , the reason being the start screen freeze, I don't care about other bugs because they are bearable but home screen freezing it not tolerable, so I always ended up in rolling back. The main thing i realise is that the start screen freeze i faced is mostly in the case when i go back to home screen after using some first party app like photos, store, groove, edge, etc. So this time with .164 i have not so much of hopes, but i wish whenever the official update arrives it should have a fix for the start screen freeze problem.

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Build 10586.164 on Lumia 520.

It's about 10 hrs since I updated to that build. Seems smoother than .122 build. System apps opening faster, and lockscreen is responding faster than previous build but still slower than that of in WP8.1.

I didn't get start screen freeze till now. I've opened and exited all system apps more than 100 times to check if my phone freezes, but it didn't freeze till now.

Messaging app works fine, getting notifications and sounds, alarm works fine.

I've observed some issues/bugs:

The action center Brightness button is still buggy.

The screen goes black when we try to play HD videos (720p or higher) in Films & TV, but sound continues to play. All those videos are playable in other apps like Metro file manager, or FLV player.

The keyboard appears randomly in apps (like messaging), and All Apps list after exiting an app.

All apps list background is not dimmed after exiting an app.

All these issues/bugs are there since the build 10586.11, no fixes for them till now. I'm following Insider on L520 since 10586.11 build.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Build 10586.164 on Lumia 520.

It's about 10 hrs since I updated to that build. Seems smoother than .122 build. System apps opening faster, and lockscreen is responding faster than previous build but still slower than that of in WP8.1.

I didn't get start screen freeze till now. I've opened and exited all system apps more than 100 times to check if my phone freezes, but it didn't freeze till now.

Messaging app works fine, getting notifications and sounds, alarm works fine.

I've observed some issues/bugs:

The action center Brightness button is still buggy.

The screen goes black when we try to play HD videos (720p or higher) in Films & TV, but sound continues to play. All those videos are playable in other apps like Metro file manager, or FLV player.

The keyboard appears randomly in apps (like messaging), and All Apps list after exiting an app.

All apps list background is not dimmed after exiting an app.

All these issues/bugs are there since the build 10586.11, no fixes for them till now. I'm following Insider on L520 since 10586.11 build.

Confirm... Exept my app list is dimmed after exting apps, and still less random freeze when exiting Messages via back key :( Damned screen aero fading!
I did never used Film & Tv, HD video on youtube works pefect

suhasa010

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

definitely. i had tried windows 10 on lumia 520 a long time ago(first build). damn slow and unusable it was. then i bricked it while rolling back to 8.1. recently i made up my mind and tried the latest build 10586.107. it was beyond my expectations and totally usable. few bugs are there but can be ignored. so "go for it".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes