App for MLB Baseball

phillyphan23

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
They charged my credit card for the 2016 season but no sign I will be able to use it on my W10M phone. I've contacted MLB to refund my money.

The interesting thing is the app still works on my old Lumia Icon. I get real time updates and can even view the real time field view. It just won't let me log in to stream the audio. I think all they have to do is activate the existing app for 2016.

I can understand how the small Windows phone market could prevent MLB supporting it but what about the much larger Windows 10 market space? They still support Xbox.

One theory is MLB is looking for Microsoft to establish a marketing agreement like they have with the NFL. A possible way forward is Microsoft working with MLB to develop a Win 10 UWP app that would replace the Xbox and the Win 8 MLB.TV apps that would also run on W10 and W10M.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I can understand how the small Windows phone market could prevent MLB supporting it but what about the much larger Windows 10 market space?

Did you ever use MLB's Store app? I did, and after trying to use it for a bit I uninstalled it and resumed using the browser. The app was bad!

phillyphan23

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I assume you are talking about the Windows 8 store MLB.TV app. Yes I used it and it was bad. They should replace it with a single app for phone, desktop, and Xbox.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I assume you are talking about the Windows 8 store MLB.TV app. Yes I used it and it was bad. They should replace it with a single app for phone, desktop, and Xbox.

Yes that's the one. The web player actually works pretty good. I'm not sure how an app could improve the experience.

Judging by your username you like the Phillies! I'm not a Phillies fan, but I live nearby. I go to about one game a year with a friend of mine when the Brewers (my team!) are in town. Good times!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon