Windows Camera not upto the mark

Sumit Amrutwar

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Lumia camera was much better than Windows camera which is since discontinued in windows 10. The shot is very slow. Image gets darken after taking snap under sunlight. The total quality of L730 has worsened after updating to windows 10. Can't absorb all sorts of light. Focus is not happening properly. Lumia camera didn't have these issues. What do you think guys ??

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Lumia camera was much better than Windows camera

I agree...
Windows camera under WM10 just isn't there yet.
I don't know about the latest phones allegedly designed for WM10.
For me the last great feature of the Lumia line has been destroyed from what I see.

I bought the Alcatel in good faith hoping it would lead to better days yet it's camera performance is not good at all.
Two older phones I've tried 10 on for me proved the camera app dismal even 2nd party apps were no help.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong I'm just not seeing the greatness of 10 :/

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
On my 520 and 650, Windows Camera is far better. I don't use HDR, I like manual tuning. Flash focus is great, even if I prefer "Tap and focus on it"
Hope they give everyone digital stabilization in future

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree...
Windows camera under WM10 just isn't there yet.
I don't know about the latest phones allegedly designed for WM10.
For me the last great feature of the Lumia line has been destroyed from what I see.

well if it had swype left to cameraroll and low pass filter I think I would love it, that and being reliable & fast like "camera" on 8.1, but I can understand whats happening here, even though I don't care that much about cameras anymore since ms has burned all my dreams regarding lumia photography, the quality or whatever algorithm nokia used was by far the best

the most infuriating thing with ms is how they play around with software with US being the ones receiving the dog food, and while they do so, removing what we already had working before, why the hell do they have to block lumia camera on w10m? that's just shady, on top of that they suggest you "upgrade" to this new app that's "better" according to them, with this example alone Microsoft has earned itself the worst customer care ever

I'm just not seeing the greatness of 10 :/

that's because there isn't any, what little we gained with w10m is buried under metric tons of bugs and overall undesirable user experience, I'm expecting this OS to be worth a damn in about a year, but that "WAAS" concept is a double edged sword, it means they can improve things dramatically as much as it means they can just hide behind that same concept as an excuse, that that's how it supposed to be and they will fix it so no worries, procrastination made company policy

jijesh babu

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
The camera clarity becomes poor and poor with new updates comes. My lumia camera also becomes worst. It shows yellowish image. And filters are not even up to basic app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon