Native Whatsapp for W10?

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yo!
Is someone in the closed beta and knows anything about when whatsapp will finally release the (promised) whatsapp version optimised for windows 10 mobile? You know, with quick reply, maybe better design, better battery usage, etc...

Or is that what we have the 10 Version? I guess to optimise it for Win10 they have to rewrite everything, so THIS shouldnt be that promised version.?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Google shows nothing. Also I've been following WindowsCentral long enough, and they haven't mentioned it even once AFAIK. You've probably heard it wrong.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Sure that isn't the right version? I noticed it stay on background now when tapped back, like all updated API apps

I got the same impression too. It shows in the 'multitask menu' for a while now, live tike got a refresh too (looks the same but is working differently now, so I think new w10 API for that) and they are really busy with the screen scaling in every update. It is running pretty well in W10 so no need to rewrite everything unless the they want to make a native UWP but that's not the plan I guess...

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
ok maybe i misunderstood something. They said last year in september something about windows 10 and whatsapp...
i just dont get it why there is no quick reply? And battery drain could still be less imo, so i thought maybe the reason is because its still a "wp 8.1 app" and not fully optimised for win10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes