Unable to send video file through WhatsApp

Muhammad Ali Adnan

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded a video from YouTube in MP4 format and transferred it to my Windows 10 Phone using bluetooth. I am able to play this file on my mobile. When even I try to send this file to any WhatsApp user I get error message:

Can't send this media. Choose another one.

I have checked that the files I receive from other users on WhatsApp has same video and audio codec as this one i.e. MPEG-4 video and AAC audio. File size is around 5MB yet I am unable to send that file.

What could be the reason?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
upload to onedrive and share the link

I've already given up on this kind of feature from IM clients since forever, they are all retarded and limited for some lazy dev reaons, while I just sent mass effect 2 to a friend through skype's desk app a few days ago, it even works like torrent, not even restarting pc or losing connection will make it fail

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded a video from YouTube in MP4 format and transferred it to my Windows 10 Phone using bluetooth. I am able to play this file on my mobile. When even I try to send this file to any WhatsApp user I get error message:

Can't send this media. Choose another one.

I have checked that the files I receive from other users on WhatsApp has same video and audio codec as this one i.e. MPEG-4 video and AAC audio. File size is around 5MB yet I am unable to send that file.

What could be the reason?

I have the same problem with sending videos saved on the device memory to WhatsApp. I get around that error message by copying or moving the files to the SD card. If you don't have an SD card, move the files into the Pictures folder, you can then share to WhatsApp from there. Just move your files to a different folder than download or videos folders....(lame right)😔

Side note: WhatsApp for windows mobile can send any file size

Muhammad Ali Adnan

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with sending videos saved on the device memory to WhatsApp. I get around that error message by copying or moving the files to the SD card. If you don't have an SD card, move the files into the Pictures folder, you can then share to WhatsApp from there. Just move your files to a different folder than download or videos folders....(lame right)��

Side note: WhatsApp for windows mobile can send any file size

It's already saved in Pictures folder.

I sent an email to WhatsApp and you know what they replied......wait for it.......they said please add our support number in your address book and then send us that media on WhatsApp so we can investigate further.

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Hahahaha, can't help but laugh. Di you try copying the file into your SD card and sending from there?

Sent from my Certified Fr3sh Lumia 1520!

Muhammad Ali Adnan

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Uninstalled and installed WhatsApp again and now I am able to send video.

One more thing happened that now I have installed WhatsApp again, I have got 1.7GB free space even though I have restored previous messages when WhatsApp asked about it after installation.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Try sending a lower-res clip, 720 or 1080. I know this app has a bad reputation for this, but I've seen where this has made it "usable" for some.

I can send 1080 clips via MMS just fine, but if I go higher, things really start to bog down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3