Native apps crashing often

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 XL that has been officially upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. At that time the official upgrade was released, I performed a master reset and clean setup on my phone. I've been using Windows 10 Mobile on the Insider program with this phone for about 7 months, but continue to have some annoying crashing issues that have remained consistent for that entire time.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Do these same issues exist on the higher end models that shipped with Windows 10 like the 950 and 950 XL, or could the issues be related to the relatively lower amount of RAM and slower processor?

1. Cortana app often crashes when performing a search. Sometimes multiple crashes occur when searching the same phrase, but rearranging the order of the search terms results in a successful search. Sometimes the search results are briefly displayed before the Cortana app crashes.

2. Edge sometimes crashes when browsing. I cannot tell if it is related to the phone or software or if the issue is because of the webpages themselves.

3. Messaging app crashes while composing a message with a photo or video attachment. Usually, it works on the second attempt to attach the item, but sometimes after multiple failed attempts, I just give up on creating the MMS message.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^yep that's just how it is on w10 on all devices, pc, phone tablet etc doesn't matter, they just don't have the same quality as before, they stop working for no reason, then get fixed by something arbitrarily, sometimes they crash and nothing you can do really(not worth it, believe me) and the almighty god decided you cant uninstall-reinstall them so.. there goes the easy fixing

its like Nadella is shouting all day "hurry hurry, no time to put things in place" people say the mobile OS is a lot more stable now and I agree but I think it has some placebo effect in it too, people are just getting used to it, if my phone starts burning my pocket for no reason I just put it on airplane and battery saver mode, right after coming from 8.1 that was an unthinkable thing to do, I just expected it to work fine all the time

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Regarding my issue #2 above: Last night, my brother sent me a link to this sports article. I read through the first paragraph when the browser crashed. Edge crashed 3 more times when I tried to open the webpage, then my phone restarted itself. I think I finally got it to stabilize after turning on the reading view for this page, but were the video and embedded graphics really too much for the browser to handle?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Regarding my issue #2 above: Last night, my brother sent me a link to this sports article. I read through the first paragraph when the browser crashed. Edge crashed 3 more times when I tried to open the webpage, then my phone restarted itself. I think I finally got it to stabilize after turning on the reading view for this page, but were the video and embedded graphics really too much for the browser to handle?

The ads surely

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It's because edge needs a ad blocker. Cortana crashing is a server side issue. It's crashed both my 640 and 640 xl and I've seen it crash on a 950 XL. There's been several reports of Cortana crashing on various phones

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes