Phone numbers are not recognized as links

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 950

I am really surprised that more people are not complaining about this. Phone numbers are not identified as links to the phone dialer app in emails or calendar items. I receive an email with numbers they are not links. I forward to my Lumia 830 still on WP8.1 and all phone numbers are identified as links. This seems like such a basic function. Please help if I am doing something wrong.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Odd. They appear as links on my 950xl in say email. When you click they open as a new contact but you can then click the number there to dial. So two clicks to call.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, like realwarder, I get *exactly* the opposite behavior, email, texts, the Edge browser, built-in apps, everything, it all grabs numbers and tries to send them to the phone app.

It's kind of a pain, because Edge in W10 desktop does the same, and I haven't figured out how to disable it yet (sometimes the numbers are hyperlinked to things, and you just have to copy it, manually).

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone willing to help me out so I can email them what I see and possibly send calendar invite? Or someone Willing to post a screen shot? It is very frustrating

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's something to do with Privacy settings. I had a good look elsewhere on my phone and cannot see any setting. Do you have anything switched off? Cortana etc?

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Went through all the settings cannot find anything. Calles local MS Store and employee there says something in a few devices, phone numbers are not links. This is bizarre!! I send calendar invite and email to WP8.1 device and works perfectly. Not so with my WM 950. Help please!!!!

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem. In all my Calendar events under location are phone numbers. If I click on it it takes me to Maps. Extremely enoying and I can't seem to find any settings anywhere to fix this. Strange that not many more people complaining about this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I know this won't help, but, it's to do with the way Cortana 'listens' to times, days and events. I came from WP8 and remember this as an essential features where a text, email etc with a day, time, address or phone number was always highlighted and you could click and it open the calendar or contact options. Under W10, I had it work the first time in ages for a email event. As usual with WP, it's seems to be one of those features that becomes stripped bare. If any insiders know, maybe it comes back with the anniversary update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos