I finally decided to update my 640 to Windows mobile 10. But there are two features that are not working and I cant tell if I missed something. Cortana works when I do a search, however she is no longer notifying me audibly when I have a new text message and asking if I want her to read it. Also I am not getting audio notifications when I get e-mails. I even changed the notification sound since the default doesnt work, but still no notifications. Am I missing something or are these features gone in the new OS?
    06-29-2016 10:04 AM
    I finally decided to update my 640 to Windows mobile 10. But there are two features that are not working and I can’t tell if I missed something. Cortana works when I do a search, however she is no longer notifying me audibly when I have a new text message and asking if I want her to read it. Also I am not getting audio notifications when I get e-mails. I even changed the notification sound since the default doesn’t work, but still no notifications. Am I missing something or are these features gone in the new OS?
    I can answer the second one: in settings > system > notifications > make sure that email has notifications enabled
    Secondly, go the mail app, settings within the app and select notificatons to be on there too.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-29-2016 10:09 AM
    I Cortana works when I do a search, however she is no longer notifying me audibly when I have a new text message and asking if I want her to read it.
    If your country is Cortana enabled, long press on Search key -> Notebook -> Settings -> Read incoming messages -> choose output device
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-29-2016 11:13 AM
    Looks like those two suggestions worked. Thanks. They really hid those settings
    06-29-2016 12:03 PM
    Looks like those two suggestions worked. Thanks. They really hid those settings
    yes, but the nice thing is that over 90% of settings on the phone are laid out the same way on pc so if you're gettijng used to pc, you should easily navigate the phone and vice versa
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-29-2016 01:11 PM