Windows Phone 10 audio notifications

furboll929

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I finally decided to update my 640 to Windows mobile 10. But there are two features that are not working and I can?t tell if I missed something. Cortana works when I do a search, however she is no longer notifying me audibly when I have a new text message and asking if I want her to read it. Also I am not getting audio notifications when I get e-mails. I even changed the notification sound since the default doesn?t work, but still no notifications. Am I missing something or are these features gone in the new OS?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I finally decided to update my 640 to Windows mobile 10. But there are two features that are not working and I can’t tell if I missed something. Cortana works when I do a search, however she is no longer notifying me audibly when I have a new text message and asking if I want her to read it. Also I am not getting audio notifications when I get e-mails. I even changed the notification sound since the default doesn’t work, but still no notifications. Am I missing something or are these features gone in the new OS?

I can answer the second one: in settings > system > notifications > make sure that email has notifications enabled
Secondly, go the mail app, settings within the app and select notificatons to be on there too.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I Cortana works when I do a search, however she is no longer notifying me audibly when I have a new text message and asking if I want her to read it.

If your country is Cortana enabled, long press on Search key -> Notebook -> Settings -> Read incoming messages -> choose output device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes