08-25-2016 07:17 PM
35 12
tools
    I am old school so I still have a thing about closing apps, so I long hold the back button and start clicking on little crosses.

Not any more I don't, just swipe them down and off they go.
    08-10-2016 06:13 AM
    Yeah that is convenient. For me, I get mixed up because I'm so used to swiping up (thanks iOS) and sideways (thanks Android). I swipe up until I realize that it doesn't work lol.
    mark233, TechFreak1 and ven07 like this.
    08-10-2016 07:38 AM
    Standing by the famous button CLOSE ALL
    saras112, pankaj981 and ttsoldier like this.
    08-10-2016 08:09 AM
    I am old school so I still have a thing about closing apps, so I long hold the back button and start clicking on little crosses.

Not any more I don't, just swipe them down and off they go.
    Yep, I noticed I could do this after upgrading to W10M, NICE!
    08-10-2016 08:29 AM
    LOL I often get excited about finding new things and then quickly discover everyone already knew about it.

I think swipe away open apps in multitask hit with Denim(?) or maybe before(?).

I am old school so I still have a thing about closing apps
    Uh yup, I have this compulsion as well.
    08-10-2016 11:22 AM
    It came from swapping out 5 1/4 floppies for me
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-10-2016 01:21 PM
    I think that feature came with 8.0 GDR3 lumia black
    RumoredNow, ven07 and pankaj981 like this.
    08-10-2016 05:41 PM
    I think that feature came with 8.0 GDR3 lumia black
    I came in at Black. I remember it being added... Split the difference and call it Cyan?
    libra89 likes this.
    08-10-2016 09:45 PM
    I remember nerding out when I saw I could hit X on those apps in Update 3. Oh it was a simpler time.
    ven07, pankaj981, libra89 and 2 others like this.
    08-11-2016 12:07 AM
    This feature is good if only they made the swipe down animation smoother or actually follows your swipe. Nowadays, I find I had to swipe an app (especially when the tab is on the top part) a few times before I could properly slide it all the way down to close. Sometimes the tab just slides a bit and returns back to it's position, which is quite annoying.

And yeah, this issue remains after 3 hard resets. Not sure if it's due to my screen or me not applying enough force when my fingers are in contact with the screen. :/
    08-11-2016 04:51 AM
    OK egg on face but I still like it...............................
    08-11-2016 04:52 AM
    Yeah that is convenient. For me, I get mixed up because I'm so used to swiping up (thanks iOS) and sideways (thanks Android). I swipe up until I realize that it doesn't work lol.
    I have the opposite.. swiping down when using iOS, only to realize my mistake.....
    08-11-2016 04:02 PM
    Standing by the famous button CLOSE ALL
    Waiting patiently..
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-11-2016 06:27 PM
    I am wondering if google owns a patent for the close all button because iOS doesn't have it either. Thank you for the tip, I didn't know :)
    08-11-2016 07:31 PM
    Keep forgetting I can swipe left and right in Edge to go forward and back.
    08-11-2016 07:48 PM
    That's what I do, drag down the bottom of the apps in the task switcher as the screen on the 930 is a bit of stretch one handed.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-12-2016 04:50 AM
    Going slightly OT but it goes with egg on face...........

How many times have I given out the following advice to all my customers, family (Especially my wife), if your PC or other device with a chip in it is playing up, shut it down, leave it off for a few seconds, then restart.

So I upgraded my desktop PC to anniversary and the cumulative updates, but my mouse was on steroids especially the wheel, scrolling was a challenge, so I thought "I had better sort this out at some time", went through all the settings mouse scrolling set to 1 line at a time, shrugged shoulders and thought "Yes I will sort it out some time".

My PC is always on, never asleep, it had been restarted a few times but last night I actually turned it off and went to bed.

Now my mouse works perfectly

So TIP OF THE DAY. Don't panic, shut it down, have a cup of tea and restart, cures most stuff..............................
    08-12-2016 06:36 AM
    I am wondering if google owns a patent for the close all button because iOS doesn't have it either.
    Close all is not native to Android. My Nexus devices do not have it. However, my wife's Samsung S6 Edge has it. I think it's an OEM thing.
    TechFreak1, RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2016 09:39 AM
    My tip of the day, pertains to bluetooth... after restarting or booting from a cold boot shows no send to [enter Windows Phone Model here] via bluetooth in the right click context menu. Chances are the drivers need reinstalling again so relax it's not the phone but the driver issues in Windows 10 (as it occurs every time I cold boot or restart - every 2 to 3 days).

It's perplexing that this particular issue has gone through unscathed throughout the pre-release version and build updates. I haven't updated to AU yet as I'm waiting on a new USB to create a backup (as have corrupt sectors on my temp back up usb stick).
    08-13-2016 04:03 AM
    This isn't anything new....

Sent from mTalk
    08-13-2016 07:41 AM
    controversial tips of the day:
    >delete all battery monitoring apps. you will sleep better
    >use multitasking view only to switch apps. let the os manage unused apps
    >wifi, bt, double tap to wake, glance uses so little battery you can keep them enabled all time
    >keep connection on 3g. it will switch to 2g if you haven't got any 3g tower around. 3g will get better mobile internet speed. on some networks there could be even better call sound quality.
    Mach_E, libra89, tgp and 1 others like this.
    08-13-2016 08:29 AM
    >wifi, bt, double tap to wake, glance uses so little battery you can keep them enabled all time
    >keep connection on 3g. it will switch to 2g if you haven't got any 3g tower around. 3g will get better mobile internet speed. on some networks there could be even better call sound quality.
    I agree. I had become accustomed to needing to micromanage my devices. It started back when I got Android in its early days. It was necessary then, but it isn't necessary anymore. I carried it over to WP7, where it wasn't really necessary. In my opinion, WM has actually gone backwards in that respect. I found micromanaging much more necessary on W10M than on any version preceding it.

I sold my last WP device a couple months ago, but I still have a conglomeration of devices running Windows (desktop), OS X, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS. All the mobile devices are late model and up-to-date, and no micromanaging is necessary on any of them. They "just work" (well, 99.9% of the time; nothing is perfect!). It is usually better to just not worry about things like the ones listed above and let the devices take care of themselves.
    libra89 and nedarata like this.
    08-13-2016 09:34 AM
    Interesting tips. I only have a battery app because Microsoft had the brilliant idea of removing the percentage from battery saver when you pin the setting. I just like the percentage on my start screen.
    rdubmu, RumoredNow and TechFreak1 like this.
    08-13-2016 07:36 PM
    Keep forgetting I can swipe left and right in Edge to go forward and back.
    Tbh, I wish MS had given the option to disable this gesture. I find that, when reading articles on Edge and scrolling through the pages, Edge would accidentally interpret my swipe up gesture as a swipe right (given that when swiping up, I do it a bit diagonally with my right hand). So instead of reading the article smoothly, I'd be going back a page, then reload the article again, then scroll again to the part where I last read, hoping that while doing this it won't 'go back' again.

Annoying :(
    08-15-2016 03:07 AM
    Another one I just found................

If on my 950XL you go into Skype or messaging and click to start a new message a microphone icon appears and you can dictate your message and it seems very accurate and I don't normally get on with speech stuff

Go on tell me it's been inbuilt since 3.1.
    Mach_E likes this.
    08-15-2016 03:33 AM
35 12