Bluetooth issues - car stereo

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is an issue with how Windows 10 handles Bluetooth connections or if this is an issue with my low end Bluetooth car stereo. Sometimes the connection works fine when switching between music, phone calls, voice commands, text messages, etc., but I often experience issues that I will explain below.

1. If I am connected with a phone call while I start my car, the phone will almost immediately switch to Bluetooth mode. The car stereo, however, shows that it is not connected to any Bluetooth device. When this happens, I have to toggle off the Bluetooth as the output device from the active phone call to continue the call. After the call ends, my car stereo will not reconnect to the phone via Bluetooth until the car is shut off and restarted after my trip has ended.

2. If I take or receive a phone call via Bluetooth while I'm streaming music, Groove will show that the music has resumed after the call has ended, but no sound will be transmitted to the stereo. I can use the pause/play/skip controls from Groove, but the car stereo will continue to show "AV Stream" just like it does when music is playing. Normally, pausing the music will just display the name of my phone as the connected device, but when I continue playing music, the display will switch back to "AV Stream."

3. The same thing as number 2 will happen when I receive a text. It usually resumes the music stream more reliably if I tell Cortana to "ignore it," whereas having her read the message will almost always break the music streaming as described above.

4. This might be a Cortana issue that is not specifically related to Bluetooth, but it is annoying. When telling Cortana to "read it" or "ignore it" for an incoming text or "send it" after I have dictated a reply, it will often transcribe the command at the bottom of the screen before Cortana tells me, "I'm sorry. I didn't get that." If the phone understands me well enough to print the exact command I've just said, how can Cortana not understand the command that she just asked me to give her?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What kind of car stereo do you have? Mine works perfectly. I have an aftermarket Sony MEX-3000P car stereo (with bluetooth) on both my car and truck and they work fine. I play my music, take calls, and reply to text messages.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had some issues before the latest Groove update, not sure if it's fixed. I've had my car showing the phone as connected while the music kept coming out of the phone speaker.

I also don't like that maps voice navigation uses the bluetooth Phone profile rather than audio (A2DP). The Phone profile interrupts the music for a few seconds, and is bad audio quality.

I've also seen my car take forever before detecting my phone, which I don't recall happening before the AU.

All in all, still not perfect.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Dual Av really? I spent like $80 on a used Sony BT deck on my 1985 corolla and it works perfect. They're fairly cheap now a days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes