09-16-2016 09:10 AM
29 12
tools
    After AU ,Calendar tile on my phone shows only events,but no Birthdays from Contacts list.Previously it would show birthdays as 'Tomorrow All Day' or 'Today All Day'.
    Am I missing some setting or is it a change for everyone on Redstone builds ?
    Thanks !
    09-10-2016 01:34 AM
    After AU ,Calendar tile on my phone shows only events,but no Birthdays from Contacts list.Previously it would show birthdays as 'Tomorrow All Day' or 'Today All Day'.
    Thanks !
    honestly

I have no faith in the calendar tile... Sometimes it does not even update when it's a new day... Example, today is the 10th of September... I just looked at my phone and the tile says 9th... I have to unpin and re-pin to get it going again.. Always happens to me..
    09-10-2016 02:47 AM
    Thanks !
    That's a consequence of Fbacebook app stopping syncing with Calendar and People since days
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-10-2016 02:52 AM
    Originally posted by ttsoldier
    Originally Posted by Rinsun
    Thanks !
    honestly

I have no faith in the calendar tile... Sometimes it does not even update when it's a new day... Example, today is the 10th of September... I just looked at my phone and the tile says 9th... I have to unpin and re-pin to get it going again.. Always happens to me..
    There is a problem with the Calendar tile not updating.Only using WDRT will help correct it.Hard reset will not help.
    09-10-2016 03:35 AM
    Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
    Originally Posted by Rinsun
    Thanks !
    That's a consequence of Fbacebook app stopping syncing with Calendar and People since days
    Thanks for your reply!
    That's so inconvenient,I might forget people's birthdays .
    Last edited by Rinsun; 09-10-2016 at 04:08 AM.
    09-10-2016 03:57 AM

This has nothing to do with facebook as I have people's birthday entered manually and it still does not show.

P.S the facebook beta app brought back people and calendar syncing sometime last month.
    Rinsun and Chintan Gohel like this.
    09-10-2016 04:11 AM
    This has nothing to do with facebook as I have people's birthday entered manually and it still does not show.

P.S the facebook beta app brought back people and calendar syncing sometime last month.
    Do you checked "your accoun" tab in hambrugher menu?

EDIT: I noticed Facebook si signed as "local app". It wasn't there before.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-10-2016 04:14 AM
    Do you checked "your accoun" tab in hambrugher menu?
    By the way,I am not on Facebook .I too had always entered birthdays manually.
    It would show previously but after AU it doesn't show on tile.
    09-10-2016 04:16 AM
    Ok, I got my personal memo (like birthdays etc) full working, I lost syncin with fb app.
    Go to settings, account, add an account and readd your MS account
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-10-2016 04:21 AM
    Ok, I got my personal memo (like birthdays etc) full working, I lost syncin with fb app.
    Go to settings, account, add an account and readd your MS account
    Do the birthdays show on your tile ?

Hamburger menu shows all my accounts etc.
    09-10-2016 04:28 AM
    Do the birthdays show on your tile ?
    Yes, only birthdays manually recorded (I must always resize tile after midnight for letting work it)
    09-10-2016 04:30 AM
    Yes, only birthdays manually recorded (I must always resize tile after midnight for letting work it)
    I did a WDRT and now my tiles update normally ,but I don't get the birthdays on tile after AU though they show up in the app.
    09-10-2016 04:33 AM
    its clearly a bug because I made a fake birthday with a reminder X time before and I get the reminder notification my phone.... so I know it's in my calendar... I just don't get the event on my live tile..
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-10-2016 05:01 AM
    its clearly a bug because I made a fake birthday with a reminder X time before and I get the reminder notification my phone.... so I know it's in my calendar... I just don't get the event on my live tile..
    Yes I was trying it out too.If I create birthday as an event with reminder it works but the Birthday Calendar which showed birthdays of my contacts from People app as All Day events prior to AU does not work now after AU,even though I have the Birthday Calendar enabled.

Other Calendar apps such as OneCalendar and My Calendar have accurate live tiles showing Holiday Calendar of my country and Birthdays in addition to events.
    09-10-2016 05:13 AM
    Birthdays and country Holidays are not showing up on Lockscreen also after AU.I noticed it today since I have a birthday coming up tomorrow. I have Outlook Calendar to show as detailed status on lock screen.
    09-10-2016 05:31 AM
    Today birthday is showing up on tile and lockscreen without me changing anything.Hope it does not break again.
    09-10-2016 11:19 PM
    i could never make it work on my lumia 730 and started using the calendar app for just date keeping. Microsoft need to fix this ASAP
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-11-2016 05:20 AM
    i could never make it work on my lumia 730 and started using the calendar app for just date keeping. Microsoft need to fix this ASAP
    I wonder why Outlook Calendar tile is so buggy when third party calendar apps can have such informative and properly functioning tiles.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    09-11-2016 08:40 AM
    I wonder why Outlook Calendar tile is so buggy when third party calendar apps can have such informative and properly functioning tiles.
    a silly question, when you open the calendar app, and select the menu, is the birthday calendar selected?
    09-11-2016 01:40 PM
    a silly question, when you open the calendar app, and select the menu, is the birthday calendar selected?
    That really is a silly question :p
    09-11-2016 11:44 PM
    09-11-2016 11:45 PM
    Mine is not selected and therefore I don't see birthdays
    09-12-2016 12:34 AM
    Both Birthday and Holiday Calendars were always selected yet they did not show up on the tile after AU.They showed up in the app and also were there on third party Calendar app tile .
    From yesterday they have started showing up on the Outlook Calendar tile too.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:26 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I made a point last year of getting all the birthdays of people that were important to add them to my fantastic synced Windows Phone and everything was working as it should. Recently missed two birthdays so obviously this stopped working at some point. I just had them as neverending events on my main calendar. I dont understand how something so necessary and crucial stops working. Is this something people are aware of or is it only happening to me?
    Thanks. :)
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-15-2016 01:36 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I made a point last year of getting all the birthdays of people that were important to add them to my fantastic synced Windows Phone and everything was working as it should. Recently missed two birthdays so obviously this stopped working at some point. I just had them as neverending events on my main calendar. I dont understand how something so necessary and crucial stops working. Is this something people are aware of or is it only happening to me?
    Thanks. :)
    I am using MyCalendar - it has a nice wide tile and shows birthdays etc on the tile.Though my Outlook Calendar tile is working now I am apprehensive that it might stop working again and I might miss birthdays etc.
    09-15-2016 01:52 PM
29 12