contacts+message backup stopped working

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried to restore the messages from my old phone.

1 - Made a backup of the current messages in the new phone.

2 - Copied the folder to my computer and removed it from the phone.

3 - Copied the folder from my old phone to a different loaction than #2.

Now the app won't start, all I see is the logo for a fraction of a second, then it goes back to settings. I've tried soft resets and reboots.

I've tried to restore the folder structure as it was in #1, but it doesn't change anything.

The phone is a 950 running 10.0.14393.67.

Any ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
why didn't you use the default sms backup service found in the phone in messaging settings? It's worked for me before - except that time they were transitioning between 8.1 and 10

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
why didn't you use the default sms backup service found in the phone in messaging settings? It's worked for me before - except that time they were transitioning between 8.1 and 10
Because I was overly cautious when I got the new phone, I didn't want to transfer any settings that would have a negative impact on the new phone just like so many here reported, so I transfered as little as possible. Messages have nothing to with that, OF COURSE, I just simply forgot to do it. Besides, I'm not sure if it's possible to just restore the messages alone, and not the settings.

Last edited:

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I used the online backup like you said, and now my phone have triplets of all messages ever sent or received. I knew I had some reason to avoid that service.

Hard reset, here I come...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Because I was overly cautious when I got the new phone, I didn't want to transfer any settings that would have a negative impact on the new phone just like so many here reported, so I transfered as little as possible. Messages have nothing to with that, OF COURSE, I just simply forgot to do it. Besides, I'm not sure if it's possible to just restore the messages alone, and not the settings.

the message backup is separate from the settings backup and yes, the duplicate message are there - I have 4 of each :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneatler