onedrive backup not working

brian770

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
i just backed up my wifes 640 XL, then reset it and started from scratch, but when it was setting up there was no option to pick which backup to use, now i have lost all her text, when i went to the onedrive sight no backup is showing up except a old one from june of last year. where would the backup be that i backed up before i reset it?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
SMS backup is separate from app backups. It must be manually enabled in the Settings for it to occur. The Backup system is for app install/limited app user data.

Saying that, if you did a backup before a reset, you should have that - providing it completed.

Check in the settings under SMS or Messaging or somewhere (sorry... all W10M here). You should find the SMS backup option and perhaps if it was enabled it will then pull in her texts, even without the app backup.

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
In the messaging app, select the three dots in the bottom right to open options and go into settings. There under history and sync is a download messages from option, change it from last month to anytime.
If your messages were backed up (which usually happens by default) they should show up in a bit. If they don't, then unfortunetly there is no SMS backup available.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I think there is an issue with the server, has happened before. I too am awaiting my texts to come back and I KNOW that backup is enabled. No worries, sit tight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon