"I have to turn it on" and three seconds later there reply is

"take the picture, what takes you so long",

to which you reply

"it's the phone" then they reply

"your stupid and so is your phone".

Then you say, "it's a good phone, it's Windows."
    Fire 29 likes this.
    04-06-2017 11:18 PM
    Booting up a BlackBerry feels like trying to wake up a 3000-year old man to put him on the track and get him running at 120 KM/H! I know I sound like an impatient drama queen right now, but seriously though: they take painstakingly long to load!
    Hey don't be dissin' my long lost Quark.

Sent from mTalk
    04-06-2017 11:35 PM
    1st, because they're not meant to be shut down or rebooted. They're not Androids or iPhones to need their daily reboot to function.

2nd, because they don't take long. Not unless you have any poorly implemented third party apps running in the background, which don't handle gracefully a shutdown request.
    04-07-2017 03:28 AM
    When I shut down my Lumia 950 sometimes, it boots itself back up.. And most of the time when that happened, I only wanted to restart the phone... but yes, sometimes my Lumia would take over 1 minute to shut down..
    04-07-2017 07:43 AM
    Well when you're a phone - particularly one whose sheer existence is in doubt ( in the eyes of the uninformed which is pretty much everyone who is not a windows mobile fan) - and your usefulness is your only reason of being, and your owner, for some unknown reason tries to put you out.....you most likely would hesitate especially since you might not have a clue whether you would be ever turned on again.
    I say Microsoft put a semi-intelligent artificial...well, intelligence (probably codenamed 'moraNO!') which fears the dark and has little incentive to bring about its own demise.
    I think you just solved everyone's problem. No one will ever want to shut a WM phone down ever again after what you said.
    04-07-2017 02:02 PM
    Can anyone tell me why it takes longer to shut down a Windows 10 Mobile Phone (950 XL, etc) than it does to shut a nuclear reactor down? I've tested multiple devices and even with hard resets, it takes forever for the devices to shut down. Does anyone know the reason behind this?
    O meu também demora muito, principalmente quando mais quente porém já me disseram ser normal em dispositivos cujo Processador é muito potente.
    04-12-2017 08:14 AM
    1st, because they're not meant to be shut down or rebooted. They're not Androids or iPhones to need their daily reboot to function.

2nd, because they don't take long. Not unless you have any poorly implemented third party apps running in the background, which don't handle gracefully a shutdown request.
    That makes sense, had been wondering whether this was just me or something other users have experienced. My 950 can take 3+ minutes to turn off, to the point that the auto screen-off setting kicks in but the phone is still in the process of powering down (i.e. pressing the power button to wake will still show Goodbye). Guess I'll have to accept it as is since I doubt anything can/will be done to improve it
    05-12-2017 01:24 PM
57 123