Hey guys,

I've been having issues locating my phone using "Find my phone" in the device section of the account.

The issue is with my phone as I am able to locate my laptop.

Also I cant lock my phone or Ring it.

Can anyone confirm if they are having similar issues?

If not, I believe this might be due to me spoofing my phone to look like a 950 to get creators update. But even though I have reverted the changes after getting the update I still cant use the feature. Also in "Device info & support" the account is showing IMEI and RAM as "Unknown".

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in resolving the issue.
    04-29-2017 01:47 PM
    Hi, just checked mines, find my phone working as normal for me.
    bprashant19 likes this.
    04-29-2017 03:48 PM
    Hey guys,

I've been having issues locating my phone using "Find my phone" in the device section of the account.

The issue is with my phone as I am able to locate my laptop.

Also I cant lock my phone or Ring it.

Can anyone confirm if they are having similar issues?

If not, I believe this might be due to me spoofing my phone to look like a 950 to get creators update. But even though I have reverted the changes after getting the update I still cant use the feature. Also in "Device info & support" the account is showing IMEI and RAM as "Unknown".

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in resolving the issue.
    I can tell you this, The IMEI is the key to your problem as it is this # that Microsoft uses, but note did not create it or have much control over. The IMEI is a carrier # and only they could reset it I believe. Microsoft uses it and identifies your phone to you and your Microsoft account "find my phone" along with location. I learned all this info when I purchased a used Icon Phone and setting up my accounts all work great except "find my phone" the previous owner never took the device off his Microsoft account so I couldn't add the same # to my account. Only 1 IMEI in Microsoft world. Here the catch Microsoft needed a name to go with the # to look up the account. Verizon was able to look up the name but would not give it to me, had the Microsoft engineer and Verizon tech do a conference call two days later done. So that # that you don't have shows as unknown I think the carrier may reset but you might end up on the Anniversary build again?
    bprashant19 likes this.
    04-29-2017 06:19 PM
    I can tell you this, The IMEI is the key to your problem as it is this # that Microsoft uses, but note did not create it or have much control over. The IMEI is a carrier # and only they could reset it I believe. Microsoft uses it and identifies your phone to you and your Microsoft account "find my phone" along with location. I learned all this info when I purchased a used Icon Phone and setting up my accounts all work great except "find my phone" the previous owner never took the device off his Microsoft account so I couldn't add the same # to my account. Only 1 IMEI in Microsoft world. Here the catch Microsoft needed a name to go with the # to look up the account. Verizon was able to look up the name but would not give it to me, had the Microsoft engineer and Verizon tech do a conference call two days later done. So that # that you don't have shows as unknown I think the carrier may reset but you might end up on the Anniversary build again?

Thanks for the response.

The thing is, in my phone setting->system->about the IMEI shows up perfectly; but for some reason it doesn't show up on my Microsoft account. Also just below IMEI there's IMS which is currently as "not registered". I know IMS is needed for communication, but so far I have not encountered any issues in calling or connecting to networks.

What if I remove the device and re-add it on my Microsoft account; would I loose the data?
    04-29-2017 08:52 PM
    never mind guys, it started working automatically.

dont know what caused it but now I can even ring and lock my phone remotely. nothing has changed on Microsoft account as well.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-29-2017 09:40 PM