Outlook mail on WIndows 10 mobile shows incorrect counter for unread mail

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently noticed this issue on my 950XL (just when I was thinking everything was going fine) where the counter for unread emails is displayed incorrectly. There's no number on the tile (when there are no unread emails) but when I click on the mail icon to go to a specific email account, it shows some random number for the unread emails next to the account. It's like everytime I get an email and I read it, the mail app forgets to include it in the read counter and just adds it to the unread email counter.

I'm using a 950XL and the build is 15063.540.

Thanks!

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
https://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=463383

The only time it happens to me is when deleting an unread email from the notification centre instead of from within the app.

Man, I hate the windows central app. I had replied to your message using the app but it didn't show up. Hard to believe they still haven't fixed this, has persisted since the app launched.

Anyways, I never had this issue. I always deleted emails from the notification center (from the time it was introduced) but this issue came up like two days ago. Not sure what is going wrong.

-dunn

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently noticed this issue on my 950XL (just when I was thinking everything was going fine) where the counter for unread emails is displayed incorrectly. There's no number on the tile (when there are no unread emails) but when I click on the mail icon to go to a specific email account, it shows some random number for the unread emails next to the account. It's like everytime I get an email and I read it, the mail app forgets to include it in the read counter and just adds it to the unread email counter.

I'm using a 950XL and the build is 15063.540.

Thanks!

Had the same issue for about a month...either it would say I would have 5 unread emails in the app or in the tile and the number would grow.
Good news is just went to the Windows Store and there's an update that seems to have fixed it... so there's that :amaze:

windunc

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Had the same Issue after Android OS upgrade and Outlook update.
MS sucks, counter is incorrect and inconsistent.
Worked OK 1 week ago, Aug 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise