Not able to send or receive any text message on lumia 640 xl windows 10 mobile

vineeth sreevalsan

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
Had an update last friday post which the phone isn't sending any message out nor receiving an text messages, Tested with the same 3G sim on another phone and the message flow is happening

Let me make it more clear here, cellular connection is on which is the reason why i don't face issues with the calls, The message centre has been cross verified, i place the sim in another handset(android) and i get the messages

Last edited:

wpprime

May 29, 2014
Visit site
This usually happens when you're using an off network phone. i.e. an AT&T phone on T-Mobile, or low-cost carrier with a branded phone.

The solution is usually to manually edit the APN with the correct information. For Windows 10 mobile, go to Settings-> Network & Wireless -> Cellular & SIM -> SIM Settings

Be sure your Cellular connection profile is set to the correct provider, then add the correct MMS APN. Of course, you'd have to look up the correct settings on your provider's website.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I agree with Wpprime. There's something with the APN's. If you can get the carrier to get you the settings, I've found creating new apns and then activating them has worked. I've had similar issues in So cal region.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss