Window 10 Mobile - No Notification Sounds (Email, Voicemail)

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone stopped making sounds to notify me that I have a new email or voicemail. I checked my notification settings and have the sound selected for both. If I check my mail settings though, the "Play a sound" checkbox is unchecked and disabled. I can't find a similar setting for voicemail.

Anyone know how the play a sound option can be disabled and how I can re-enable it?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone stopped making sounds to notify me that I have a new email or voicemail. I checked my notification settings and have the sound selected for both. If I check my mail settings though, the "Play a sound" checkbox is unchecked and disabled. I can't find a similar setting for voicemail.

Anyone know how the play a sound option can be disabled and how I can re-enable it?

Which build are you running?

Also which phone model?

Lastly have you tried a soft reset or sending your self a text whilst opening the notification centre - weird one but I have had this happen to me multiple times and sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. One of the glorious bugs introduced through phone updates as a service lol.

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am running version 1607 (build 10.0.14393.1715) on a Lumia 830.

I was playing around some more and found that if you check the "Show a notification banner" box, then the "Play a sound" box is enabled. I can then check it and uncheck the banner box, which disables the sound box again, but shows that it is checked. That seems like a bug.

However, I still don't get a sound when new mail arrives. I've tried with and without headphones attached to the phone.

When the headphones are NOT attached, I get a notification that I received a voicemail but, not when they are attached. I also don't a phone ring sound when wearing headphones which is more problematic than not getting voicemail notifications.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am running version 1607 (build 10.0.14393.1715) on a Lumia 830.

I was playing around some more and found that if you check the "Show a notification banner" box, then the "Play a sound" box is enabled. I can then check it and uncheck the banner box, which disables the sound box again, but shows that it is checked. That seems like a bug.

However, I still don't get a sound when new mail arrives. I've tried with and without headphones attached to the phone.

When the headphones are NOT attached, I get a notification that I received a voicemail but, not when they are attached. I also don't a phone ring sound when wearing headphones which is more problematic than not getting voicemail notifications.

Hmm, do you have "ringer" turned on or off?

It's the option on the bottom right hand corner below the volume bar - it appears after you plug in headphones.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Ensure that do not disturb is off. Try changing the notification sound. Try enabling them disabling dnd option. I would also restart the phone.

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, do you have "ringer" turned on or off?

It's the option on the bottom right hand corner below the volume bar - it appears after you plug in headphones.

If I turn ringer off, there's no sound via headphone or the phone speaker. If I turn ringer on, the phone ringer rings and eventually (after a couple of rings) it rings thru the headphones.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If I turn ringer off, there's no sound via headphone or the phone speaker. If I turn ringer on, the phone ringer rings and eventually (after a couple of rings) it rings thru the headphones.

I know it's a pain in the rear, have you done a hard reset after the last update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills