What do you miss most about Windows 10 Mobile?

David Zavah

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Jelmar,

When it's no longer "Possible", take a look at the Nokia 6. I realize it's not the REAL Nokia but it's relatively inexpensive and the build quality & design is really nice.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nothing actually. It caused me to switch. Now what did I miss about Windows Phone 8? Everything about it, it's fluidity, seemless integration with apps, productivity stand point of live tiles, the system wide color personalization, Cortana actually being useful with local search. Everything about Windows Phone 8 was great, and they had to pee on it with 10 to get it all together with Windows desktop. The fact that they had another broken promise (Joe B promised on stage when he announced Windows Phone 8 a reboot would never happen, and these devices wouldn't be left behind, and yet it happened with only a select few models going forward that weren't even their biggest share).

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Cortana bluetooth hands free messaging in the car.

Heck the entire bluetooth experience in the car tbh.

Music, messaging, navigation all worked flawless without any special configuration or apps.

Something my freaking Android phone is unable to do.
If I turn on bluetooth audio the navigation will stop coming through.
Messaging wont work period.

This was exactly my experience. I couldn't take it and moved back to my 950 XL. Sure, having all those apps is nice, but not nice enough where I can live without the core functionality I've become used to depending on.

SunToucher

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I miss the win 10 mobile ease of use. I find Android a bit of a mess. I picked up a 8+, after giving my 950XL to my Dad, when his 820 broke.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Dunno about W10M in particular but I'd miss these:

The WP8.1 keyboard
The W10M keyboard nudge
The clean and easy to use Messaging app on W10M.
The clean Action Center
Facebook Messenger integration in Messaging in WP8.0
Edge bottom positioned address bar.
Edge's awesome browser interface and features. (though I miss tab sync since IE11 had it on WP8.1)
Groove Music UI and features (Groove is not the same on other platforms)
The jump list for apps
The awesome apps for Windows Central, MSPoweruser and AAWP.
myTube
Photos app. I liked it
Camera app. I loved it
Quick camera button.
Music controls on lockscreen
Bing lockscreen
Quick drop down for controls in Action Center. Dunno if this is in Android now as well.
Mail app I think?
Clean Settings menu, haha
I'd say the clean and easy to use Data Sense functionality
The Start with Live Tiles.
The 6 apps multitasking carousel (4 on-screen and 2 previews) found in 5" W10M devices.

farhanaxiq

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
What i loved about the OS

Live TIles (of course)
System-wide dark theme! Even for IM app
The clean UI design (although bastardised in W10M but still look better than other OSses UI)
The keyboard with the nub thing
how it handle bluetooth for navigation
you can hide/dismiss the virtual button (only phone i know in android land that could do that is samsung)
Third party developer here (reddplanet, mytube and other)
Calander week view
Easy to use volume

kennychwk

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
um... since I use WP on lumia 720 ... about WP, I've most of tings are missing... edge of no "chorem" core, the camer fine tune by nokia(or MS), tile interface, the "take tag share" function.... may be now common in android, but not MS is doing better in some cases as I know..., the securty of the device, now I still pride of that MY phone didn't need to concern the security issuse at all... some times the "one platflom" is an other things I am missing, creative, fixible ,etc, so that, there is many thing I can't leave on this platfrom, if today they stop the support, I don't know witch phone I can use at this moment...
in clude, if only ONE thing is the most I choose for what I've missing on WP, I thing is full platfrom, no more...

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I miss the Outlook app. I think it's much better than on android. I also miss the Windows Central app on W10M. Finally, I just don't really care for where back and OK buttons are typically placed on Android apps.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
After using Android now for about 4 weeks, I'm shocked it is the #1 mobile OS. Clearly most haven't tried WM, because it is superior. I am very surprised how poor text message receiving and sending in the car is. The fact that it's just standard on WM, but there is no built-in solution on Android is very inconvenient. It's like buying a different brand of car and discovering that there's no cruise control. I thought that was standard. That's been my biggest disappointment.

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I miss battery life, stability, outlook mail, calendar, live tiles and fluidity of the OS in general. Also the contacts is a big mess in Android if you want to use sync exchange contacts. Only some devices have the active sync (my htc have it, my wife's moto z don't). She is very uncomfortable with Android because of this.

H Seldon

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I agree with BT integration in the car. I'm really missing being able to receive text to voice and voice to text. Plus sound volume is completely off. I have to max the volume from the phone and still have to increase the volume in the car. Then when I switch back to radio volume is way too high. My 950XL never had that issue.

I'm using a Samsung s7 that work purchased for me.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm still holding out with my 950. The main reason I'm switching to another device is the death of Groove. I would even reconsider if Spotify worked on my phone - I suppose if a UWP comes out before the end of the year, I may stay a bit longer.

On the topic of Bluetooth in a car - can iOS read and allow you to use voice-to-text to respond to text messages? I am stunned to learn this functionality isn't even present in Android! It's one of my favorite features on W10M.

Sim_James

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
What specifically do you miss most about your Windows phone? And do you regret switching? I have a feeling that the Live tile interface is probably going to come up in the responses quite often ...

I switch to a Nokia 8 Android about 2 months ago from my Nokia Lumia 930 running Win10 pre-release and the things I miss are ...

Streamlined integration of Windows Services
The live tiles on my home screen, especially Messaging, Email & Calender (widgets look aweful on Android)
The keyboard (and that little bitty for moving the cursor around)
Believe it or not the Edge browser, despite the regular "not comparable" messages from websites

rharrison75

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So, lots of folks are switching from Windows 10 Mobile to Android or iOS, for obvious reasons. Even the most diehard Windows phone fans have to at least be considering a switch. But this question is for people who have already made the jump to another mobile platform.

What specifically do you miss most about your Windows phone? And do you regret switching? I have a feeling that the Live tile interface is probably going to come up in the responses quite often ...

Sticking with my 950XL for now. Not sure where to go next tbh, especially with this list of missing functionality on iOS and Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck