I just bought mine to replace my Lumia Icon...I was very close to buying an Android phone, but switched gears when I heard about the Verizon Elite x3...Reminds me when I bought an HP Pre3 when they stopped making webOS...I guess I will stick with Windows Mobile til its last dying breath or until Microsoft comes up with something...
    11-12-2017 11:07 PM
    It's nice that most of the MS services are available on Android and I do use them, but the experience is not quite as nice. I keep wishing MS would port their design language over to an Android Launcher and integrate it with live tiles of their services. The tiles are the things I most enjoy and keep me using MS services like Outlook, MSN sports, Groove (I know), the People tile, the Picture Tile, The MS News Tile. Just give me those on an Android phone so we have supported apps and I would jump on it. I'd even pay for the launcher as it would be my preference and it would keep me more engaged in the MS ecosystem.
    I couldn't agree more. I just bought the Elite X3 on Verizon, and after putting my Lumia 928 in the dresser drawer (backup plan) after 4-1/2 years, I have to say, the air is out of the balloon. The issues with Bluetooth on my Jabra Freeway while driving & the voice navigation through the Waze app has my head spinning with disappointment.

I personally feel like Nadella has given up on Microsoft being the competitive innovator it was 35 years ago. The only piece of hardware that Microsoft has succeeded at is the Xbox. Satya has decided to use forms of income that are derived from storage services (OneDrive and other cloud services) rather than concentrate on Windows Phone innovations that would bring the masses to become users. Users bring services and apps. I always thought I was the last windows phone fan.
    11-13-2017 09:07 AM
    Bought an Elite X3 last week and am excitedly waiting for it to arrive. Admittedly, I went back and forth about spending $599 for year-old hardware. But I'm sorta stuck on Verizon for now and I literally hate Google. I'm currently still using my 5 year old Nokia Lumia 822 that I basically got for free via Walmart back in 2012. So averaging the cost and usage time between the 822 and X3 phones works out pretty well. Although the Elite X3 is a year old, the Galaxy S7 that my wife bought is now almost two years old. So my new "old" phone will still be newer than my wife's old phone. I think my biggest challenge will be getting used to going from a 4.3" screen to the almost 6" screen. Somehow I think I'll manage though.
    aximtreo, fin11 and Ben Triplett1 like this.
    11-13-2017 12:52 PM
    If Microsoft hadn't come and said "Sorry, WinMobile is dead to Us", absolutely I would have dropped the money for the X3 on VZW. Been waiting over a year for it, and now it is a Zombie phone walking basically.

Not dead yet, but also no future life either, unless MS pulls their collective heads out, and decides Mobile in a PHONE form factor actually has value for them. I don't see that happening though, stock prices have taken over their entire focus, product development and market/mindshare be hanged.

So, I bit the bullet a year ago and went with a LG V20. Boy, was that a mistake. The hardware, screen, and camera, are top notch, but Android OS totally SUCKS. Slow, lousy interface, no style to it what so ever. The whole "Flat" design language reminds me of something like Windows 3.1 or 95. No color, not real design style.

My next phone will be an iPhone, not because I like iOS, but because I hate Android more than iOS after this last year. Unless MS releases CoreOS for the X3, and brings C-shell to ARM devices this year, I am going completely MS-free in 2018. An X3 with CoreOS would change my mind.

I have Linux dual booting on my 2 laptops, and once my 2 Android tablets die off, I am done with Android entirely. Hopefully that Linux phone I have been reading about will gain traction in the next year or so, because right now I figure it has a better chance at being built than anything MS might be planning in the next couple years.
    Ben Triplett1 likes this.
    11-13-2017 10:08 PM
    If I see it I would buy it. last of it's kind, lots of great features
    aximtreo and Ben Triplett1 like this.
    11-13-2017 11:16 PM
    I had to go to my local VZW store yesterday to help out a family member (I dumped VZW 2 years ago,) and asked about the Elite X3 ...... and of course, they knew nothing about it. I even asked the store manager and he had to look up what it was and had absolutely no interest in showing it to me. (It wasn't on display.)
    11-14-2017 10:42 AM
    Hi there -

Just hooked my X3 up to Verizon this morning. I had been using it for a week with my old AT&T sim card. Has anyone else had the issue where voicemails do not show up? No notice on the tile and not even in the phone, history tab. Just me or widespread?
    11-14-2017 02:10 PM
    Hi there -

Just hooked my X3 up to Verizon this morning. I had been using it for a week with my old AT&T sim card. Has anyone else had the issue where voicemails do not show up? No notice on the tile and not even in the phone, history tab. Just me or widespread?
    Voicemail alerts are working fine for me. (Verizon sim from my Icon)
    11-14-2017 03:56 PM
    Call me foolish, but I already bought one. I'm using it right now. 🤪
    fin11 likes this.
    11-16-2017 01:09 PM
    Would pay no more than $100 for it... just as a backup phone....Just ordered a new Samsung Note 8.... best buy has them for $350 off (Verizon and Sprint). I had the best that Windows Phone had to have at one point, now for Android....

Too bad, a year ago, I would of jumped at a X3 on Verizon... just like Windows phone, a day late a dime short...
    aximtreo and theefman like this.
    11-17-2017 12:46 PM
    Just Ordered the HP Elite X3 and am waiting for it to arrive - cracked the screen on my Icon and was thinking maybe I would get an droid but didn't really want to
    aximtreo and Aden Rossinni like this.
    11-19-2017 06:13 PM
    Hi there -

So that's the question I have and can't really find an answer... Is the AT&T (GSM) variant & the Verizon variant one in the same, or 2 separate models?
    I find it hard to believe HP would manufacture the X3 for Verizon after knowing it was a dead platform, unless this was always the plan and it took awhile to approve.
    There's some good deals on the "GSM" varient of this phone...If I could snag this phone for $350-400 bundle I'd consider it.
    Yesterday 01:56 PM
    So that's the question I have and can't really find an answer... Is the AT&T (GSM) variant & the Verizon variant one in the same, or 2 separate models?
    I find it hard to believe HP would manufacture the X3 for Verizon after knowing it was a dead platform, unless this was always the plan and it took awhile to approve.
    There's some good deals on the "GSM" varient of this phone...If I could snag this phone for $350-400 bundle I'd consider it.
    Some advice; go to swappa.com and have a look. There are two of the complete x3 and desk docks selling for less than $400. It's a great place to buy second owner phones.
    Yesterday 02:34 PM
    They differ in the radios available on them and yes they are two separate variants. They have two different firmware revision numbers. I own both models atm so ask any other questions.
    Today 12:23 AM
    I just bought mine to replace my Lumia Icon...I was very close to buying an Android phone, but switched gears when I heard about the Verizon Elite x3...Reminds me when I bought an HP Pre3 when they stopped making webOS...I guess I will stick with Windows Mobile til its last dying breath or until Microsoft comes up with something...
    Awesome - it's a fantastic phone!!!! Still using mine as my main driver, and just received my new 950 yesterday. Had to get it as it's an awesome phone, and camera amazing. Make sure you get the HP dock as it's so useful, and just cool.
    Today 12:28 AM
65 123