HP Elite - Verizon - MS store

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Only a year too late. These should be heavily discounted in the coming weeks with the death of Windows Phone announced. Sad.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It is the only opportunity VZ windows phone users have to be able to use the platform until the end of support for it which should come some time in 2019. To me, this fulfilled the hope of a lot of VZW US windows phone users. Lastly even though a year late, at least HP did it. Microsoft did not even aim in that direction it seems.

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It is the only opportunity VZ windows phone users have to be able to use the platform until the end of support for it which should come some time in 2019. To me, this fulfilled the hope of a lot of VZW US windows phone users. Lastly even though a year late, at least HP did it. Microsoft did not even aim in that direction it seems.

I just want a Samsung Galaxy 8+ with Windows 10 Mobile installed....

Caeric

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I left Verizon a year ago due to their lack of support for a Windows Phone, specifically the Elite x3, and purchased one for the AT&T network instead. I will not go back, and at this point would buy an Android phone no matter what network it was on. I love my Elite x3, but I'm just worn out by the fading support (apps & otherwise) and constant dismal future for WP.

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's too late. While I personally dumped Verizon a couple of years ago due to lack of Windows Phones (I also now get better coverage, more services and lower cost,) I have family members that are also huge fans of Windows Phones and are still on Verizon. Since their Windows Phones were old and started giving each of them problems, they swapped to Android. (One of them calls Android a "downgrade." If the Elite X3 would have been released on Verizon when it was released on GSM carriers, they would have purchased it instead.

And now with Microsoft turning its back on Windows Mobile and customers, there's no reason to purchase Windows. Too many companies are pulling their apps. I would have preferred that Microsoft "Hit Refresh" on their phones instead of "ALT+F4!"

Mariner10

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I moved away from Verizon and got a Galaxy S8+. Saving over $100 per month now and with a much more supported platform. I had hoped for that surface phone....but.

Bastiat

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Bought mine yesterday at a Microsoft store, the employees didn't know anything about it. They had to look in their stock room to find it. I'm hoping that this will last long enough for Microsoft to come out with something else. I can't stand the Iphone, I was issued one for work, it sits in my desk drawer unused.

badtzbuzz

May 31, 2015
Visit site
makes no sense carrier snobs will never buy an end of life platform phone. only chance is if the few enterprises using the hp services, forces employees onto an x3 with Verizon.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It's way, way too late. I'd say 2 years too late. Why even bother giving your money just to support a dead platform? I don't feel like paying $500 for a phone that can be used only to make phone calls. A $50 Android is more capable.

zanda61

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
So I was really excited to try this phone and bought it on the first day I could. I kept if for a week and took it back. I don't use many apps but simply want my phone to be a phone, music player, podcasts player, email, messages and map navigator. While all these things are available, I was having issues with Bluetooth (call comes in but they can't hear me until I turn my headset off), calls not ringing through and going straight to voicemail, and, most disappointing, is the lack of a stable streaming music app. I tried Spotify, GMusic and Deezer and they all had issues of one kind or another.

I really love the look and user experience of windows and windows mobile so I've hung in there for as long as I can. I've gone back to using my Note 8 and will likely buy the next thing Microsoft tries.

It's nice that most of the MS services are available on Android and I do use them, but the experience is not quite as nice. I keep wishing MS would port their design language over to an Android Launcher and integrate it with live tiles of their services. The tiles are the things I most enjoy and keep me using MS services like Outlook, MSN sports, Groove (I know), the People tile, the Picture Tile, The MS News Tile. Just give me those on an Android phone so we have supported apps and I would jump on it. I'd even pay for the launcher as it would be my preference and it would keep me more engaged in the MS ecosystem.

I'm typing this in the Windows App for Windows Central (on a Surface Pro 2017) and it won't send. That's what I'm sad about. Even these guys won't keep their app up to date on a Windows Platform.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Heh, I already bought mine, and it's FANTASTIC. A little large, I'm not really a phablet guy. But it's well worth that cost to be on the latest versions through the end of support.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Two months ago I would have considered it. but the price is still too high for me. Had they even let users know it was coming for sure! Rumors were that it was cancelled. Why would it have to stay under wraps? As it is, the battery in my Icon wasn't lasting but a few hours. I had to switch and Android seemed the only option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes