OneDrive space

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I used to have 100gb space on my OneDrive. Microsoft has taken all the promos away and now left only 5gb. I've 2 windows mobiles and 4 PCs running windows. Anyway to get some free space on OneDrive. I might get ny business email hosting moved to Microsoft So i can get some free onedrive space if I've no option

Any suggestions??

Deborah_Sawyer

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I used to have 100gb space on my OneDrive. Microsoft has taken all the promos away and now left only 5gb. I've 2 windows mobiles and 4 PCs running windows. Anyway to get some free space on OneDrive. I might get ny business email hosting moved to Microsoft So i can get some free onedrive space if I've no option

Any suggestions??
Have you tried Google Drive? You get 15GB for free.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Any suggestions??

get mega, move existing content to thm.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Can i auto backup my windows phone photos to mega?

Sent from mTalk

No, so what I'm saying is to move existing content to mega which gives 50gb free space, and free up onedrive and keep uploading to onedrive itself and as it gets filled up move manually to Mega.

I know not an elegant solution, but cant do much when MS decided to screw us users over n over again.
I got pissed off n moved to Android - SG Note 8 and I'm more than happy, despite the inherent android issues.

ryanlrobinson

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
We bought an Office365 Home. It's $110 CDN a year for 1 TB each, plus the desktop software, plus Skype minutes, plus Outlook Premium (no ads, bigger mailbox, better phishing protection). We bought it primarily for the OneDrive space, share with my Dad who primarily wanted the desktop software. We've got 1TB each on our two individual accounts, then another 1TB for a shared account where we put all of our photos.

Office365 Business Essentials is a pretty good deal, too, at $6.10 CDN per month. If you want a business-class email anyway, go for this and get the 1TB of OneDrive for Business storage plus the 1TB SharePoint storage that comes with it (and a whole bunch of other good tools). This might have some limitations - some apps like Plex will support OneDrive personal but not OneDrive for Business - so make sure you aren't doing any of those niche jobs which need a consumer account.

kingtigre

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I pay $9.99 for my subscription. I'm using about 250gb of my 1TB currently. I personally feel that Office 365 offers the most value for online storage commensurate to my family's needs. My wife, my son, my best friend, and I all get 1TB of OneDrive and an install of full Office.

If forced to decide, I would pay for Office 365 before even my Netflix subscription. I find far more value in the former.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
What... 5G? I just checked mine and I have 30G in total. I didn't subscribe to anything yet tho.
Anyway, nowadays I use private SVN to store my projects & resources.
I use cloud services (like Netflix, OneNote, those cloud-based things) so I have no data locally. Game saves... are on the cloud. Photo, also on the cloud and I SVN'em.
I do have stuff in OneDrive, e.g. wallpapers, my tools, scripts & hacks, setting of VisualStudio, things I need every time I reinstall a Windows or reset my Android but those are small files.
I don't need a OneDrive subscription yet.

I use GDrive only for photo cause it's free (with some limitations). Other than photos, are all in OneDrive now cause it has OD-on-Demand and it's... really useful.

ps: I use Camera (one that can connect with my phone through wifi for emergency e.g. GF wants it) for photo instead of a phone, so I can backup anywhere / anyway I want.

Last edited:

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
+1 for O365 subscription.

If your work or school uses O365, you can use that account or see if they offer an employee/student discount. There is a free one month trial, that cuts a few bucks off the first year.

lostfields

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering how on earth I can get more than 1TB. I have subscribed to the 200 GB plan before they removed it. So I have 1225GB in total but I'm pretty close to it since I have used 1030GB now (personal pictures/videos).

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've still got about 30gb with some of those promotions, but I'm still basically out of storage. If I get the 50gb, is that 50gb total? Or would they add 50gb for a total of 80gb? If it's just 50gb total, that doesn't seem worth it to me.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Any suggestions??

Use Office 365, so you can take advantage of the free 1 TB of storage you get with the subscription.

I just wish there was a way for me to pay for additional storage beyond 1 TB. I love OneDrive, but am nearing the cap for my account. Looks like there is some feedback in the Windows 10 Feedback Hub about giving users the ability to buy additional storage beyond 1 TB with an O365 subscription. Fingers crossed Microsoft decides to add that option at some point.

cgluch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Just an update, I guess the old camera roll auto upload 15gb bonus does NOT apply when you get the additional 50gb, so instead of 80gb I'd have 65. I may just consider google drive for that 100gb for $2 a month.... Sad day.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I am sure many of users are experiencing issues with syncing, slow downloads and office freezing when saving a document even with fast connection on Windows 10. with that ongoing i cannot see point to continue using it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3