Miss W10M so much :(

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
- it just plain simple works flawlessly. Can you imagine I haven't had not a single mobile crash / sudden shutdowns? No application even crashed on me during last 3 months! I was surprised! Even more, there is no notification i missed, no missed email, no internet browser chrashes or sluggishness, I never missed a moment for a perfect photo and all this packed with a battery that just lasts and lasts. :)

It seems like you thought this was normal. :amaze:

Anthony van Niekerk

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
miss the Cortana integration the most, from inside my car. Nothing on Android comes close, and Android Auto keeps saying "I can't do that yet".

Miss the Live tiles, the customization of the front end, and the great camera software for my Lumia.

I went through a lot getting my Australian 930 to use cortana back in the day. But she was pretty smart, contextual, would play my music from my apps. She was years ahead of Siri. I could pretty much use my phone without touching it. With Bixby and Google assistant I still need to touch my phone to correct shortcomings of the assistants.

I'm on Galaxy S8 now because I wanted to try Dex (what a waste of time!). I like the apps, but I don't need dozens of apps. Just the 5 basic pillars of a good phone. Performance, Display, Battery, Camera and build quality.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been pretty satisfied with my LG Stylo 3. I immediately turned to Launcher 10 and I have been able to replicate Windows Phone 10 pretty satisfactorily. I haven't tried the live tiles option (it does cost a bit) in the app, but since I can insert widgets into the "start menu", those suffice for the few apps I would want a live tile. It isn't that difficult to open apps or switch between them as needed. I also like Launcher 10 because I can create grouped apps that work nearly exactly like Windows Phone 10.
If I didn't use this app, I may have been pretty frustrated with the Android eco-system as I think the default launcher is crap.
Oh and the LG also has double tap to wake which I don't believe all Android phones have. The camera though is a tad crappy at 13 megapixels.

Stephen Townsley

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I sold my 950 and 930 on eBay. The end of my Windowsphones. I have been using an LG G6 for a while. It was probably last years' least recognised Android flagship phones.

I miss the clean interface of Windows 10 Mobile. All the major bugs were finally fixed. For most of the time it felt a beta test with apps that died, a camera that froze etc. Gradually it got there.

I feel let down by Microsoft. Half-arsed, half-done, and even lied to about supporting the platform even when they were abandoning it. If Windowsphone had continued I wouldn't choose to use Android.

Hawkwind2005

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I took the sim out of my Lenovo P2 tonight and slipped it back in my 930 - what an awesome phone! You were lucky to find an unused one!! Enjoy :)

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
No, I don't miss Win 10 mobile. Nor do I miss Android after switching to iPhones and iPads. Both are just bad memories now.

This is like "missing" old washing machines and TVs. I have better things to think about.

Enrico 117

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
My android phone got stolen and I bought a lumia 640XL not too long ago, that's how much I missed it. To be honest tho, I prefer Windows Phone 8, I tryed my Lumia 520 and, even tho there aren't as many features, it's far less buggy and way faster in opening many apps.

Garry Terry

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
I loved W10M and still do. Perhaps Microsoft will offer a better "device"....but I doubt it. Any company that would kill perfectly great products will trip us up again. "New category of device" rhetoric sounds great. But we still need a phone. I can't imagine holding a tablet up to my ear to talk on it. Maybe a watch or a pen will take calls.
What better way to sell more Office software than to have a great mobile ecosystem. Satya doesn't think the world needs a third OS? Wait until one of the other ones get hacked. I like W10M because it is not open source. Store apps are tricky enough. It's only a matter of time before something happens & puts a lot of people's data at risk. It's also a matter of time before lawsuits start flying because some tech giants are more concerned about making $ than having great products and secure mobile operating systems.
But, what do I miss about Windows 10 Mobile?
Really cool devices that worked well with all of MS software & apps in a secure environment.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I missed first 6 months or so but after 1.5 years really love the phones. Using Note 8 now. Great phone. Love being able to find any app I want, when I want.

krafty11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I use a Lumia 950XL now for work and a 950 for personal, but I'm switching over to a Galaxy 9+ Friday for home, and will start using that phone for both home and work in a month or so after I socialize the new work number. I can't emphasize strongly enough how I'm not looking forward to any of that :). I've been through countless Windows devices, I think the first may have been an Audioxox SMT5600, (but there may have even been a Moto flip phone before that) and I'm going to miss the whole MS ecosystem, just can't get by with some of the app gap anymore. I bought a cheap Kindle Fire that I side loaded Android onto to use apps like Nutribullet Balance, Honeywell Thermostat, MyFitnessPal, Wyze etc. etc., but the deal breaker is there is no way this year to stream Cubs games while I'm out getting my steps in, so I bailed.

abrichman

May 28, 2015
Visit site
It's funny, I had been more and more quietly troubled by how my (since release day) dual-sim 950 XL was rebooting for no reason and more and more often. Then in some random fits of clutziness, I dropped it twice on tile floor from about ear level. Happened about 30 minutes apart. Each time I was absolutely sure the thing was destroyed but each time it must have just pancaked as there was zero damage ... externally. After that, the screen started flickering, going into weird green bars during charging, reboots were in high frequency, and the speaker mesh at the top was red hot most of the time. The phone - to me - had always seemed to run warm but it had now shifted broadly into ridiculous mode.

Cut to me spending days trying to decide on which Android phone I was going to spend a mortgage payment on and I just could.not.pull.the.trigger. Ended up rationalizing that buying the best (highest positive vote count) rated (Ebay) seller's refurb 950 XL for approx. $375 was a better "value" to me than $800-950 for a Samsixel XL9S. Day 1 with my refurbished single SIM 950 XL was find mechanically but worrisome app-wise. Alas I had forgotten to check App Updates. Once I did run those day 2, all 37 of them, this dagone thing has been better than my original 950 XL by a good bit. Doesn't get warm, outpaces my (work) iPhone 6S battery life for battery life (and the iPhone has the advantage of WiFi at work). I just got a new lease on life with this thing and I never realized the stuff I was seeing w/ my old one wasn't OS related. That says how much I must like the Windows Mobile platform that my now-retired and apparently always wonky 950 XL was preferred over a perfectly functioning 6S and my prior experience with Android.

So in short, I foremissed my 950 XL so much that I basically thought a replacement of a 2.5 year old phone for 40% of the price of a new Pixung 9SXL was well worth it.

harshil shah23

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I also miss my Lumia 730. What a great phone was that. Great camera with acceptable battery life. ohh and not to mention live tiles. i miss it badly. Had someone not stolen my l730 , i wouldn't switch to Android. Currently using redmi note 4.

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah same. I miss my Lumia 730, its OLED display and the tiles interface so much. My mother is still using it and it fulfills her needs. Everytime I look at it, I just want to switch to it again.

Android looks good too sometimes, but somedays, I just want to puke due to the interface and how it just stays there doing nothing. While live tiles, well made the phone look alive and talking to me. Oh damn MS! Should've supported the platform! 😞

Phil Norris1

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
I really miss how simple my 950 was. It might not have had every app under the sun, but the apps it did have were top-notch. My Galaxy S8 is okay, but I'd rather have the 950.

Jeevan Pulluru

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Still Have My Lumia 640XL in my bag. Kept my Secondary sim in that. There are 3 things i miss after switching to Android, Live tiles, Fluidity & Consistency of UI between all the apps.

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't switched yet, but have helped several others downgrade to Android. Other than the learning curve and missing the live tiles (a real Microsoft Launcher should do this on Android,) the #1 complaint I hear is that although there's officially an Outlook for Android, it doesn't sync everything like it does on Windows Phones. Why would Microsoft make such an incomplete product?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon