Miss W10M so much :(

StariKletar

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't miss it all. I'm still using it. I used Android a while ago as a work phone but rather went and bought my self lumia 950 dual sim instead. Android just sucked...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I really like Android, but I do miss W10M. It was such a unique OS. I have my X3 on everyday as a tablet like device, but, for me, Android functionality just can't be beaten. I hope the Andromeda/not phone/foldable whatever MS is working on keeps some of what made W10M unique.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Samsung S8, it's an okay phone... but not as responsive as my 950 was. More apps, but the UI isn't as smooth. I've got the MS Launcher, and that helps, but it doesn't integrate well with my outlook.com account.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess I'm in the minority. No. Especially after MS pulled the plug on Groove Music Pass..... still pissed about that.

I've totally MS'd up my LG V20 - MS Launcher, OneDrive is backing up my photos, etc. Guess I'm lucky - have not had any integration issues, no issues with notifications, etc. And, I can't believe how much better pretty much every app is on Android.

Only thing I do miss is the camera on my 950XL - it was truly amazing! But overall, I've been very pleasantly surprised at how much I like Android. Hate to say it, but it's true.

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
So nearly 3 months into using an Android phone. It's a OnePlus5T. Great phone. Ok'ish operating system.

Just pulled my Lumia 950 out of the cupboard and fired it up for old times sake.

I really miss that OS. How it synced so perfectly with outlook, contacts, calendar, Cortana, office. Between my Surface devices and lumia phone eveything just worked seamlessely. It was a perfect harmony.

I should stop taking it out and switching it on. I should just send it off to be recycled. It makes me too sad when I power it up :(

Montpbm

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I miss it so much everyday.. Android is ok, but like you said WP synced so perfectly with everything and was smoother than Android. I get upset at the lag that still plague Android . I really want Microsoft to continue doing WP but be better at supporting, advertising it etc.. WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF ANOTHER OS & MICROSOFT HAD IT, BUT LET IT GO. WHY MICROSOFT?!

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I miss it so much everyday.. Android is ok, but like you said WP synced so perfectly with everything and was smoother than Android. I get upset at the lag that still plague Android . I really want Microsoft to continue doing WP but be better at supporting, advertising it etc.. WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF ANOTHER OS & MICROSOFT HAD IT, BUT LET IT GO. WHY MICROSOFT?!

Because it was losing too much cash supporting the platform?

kingtigre

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I miss what it was about a year ago.

Mostly I miss Cortana. I mean the way she worked there. Hands free. Fully integrated. Powerful. You know, useful. Her implementation on Android is so nerfed that I feel frustrated. Diet Cortana sucks because I know how great she can be.

I like having apps, but I've been trying PWAs and they are pretty darn good so far. The App gap could eventually close significantly in theory...but as with all things MS it's; too little, too late.

Overall I liked when everything was under one roof. Now I have different houses for everything.
Streaming music? Go to Spotify.
My music? Groove.
Videos? Movies Anywhere. (Unless I got it on Windows, then I need my PC.)
Apps? Separate stores and purchases for my phone and my PC.
Calendar? Don't get me started. I literally want to flip my damn desk over. Outlook calendar on Android is frustratingly disconnected.

This is why I need telephony on Windows 10. I would rather carry an LTE Surface around than deal with this darn fragmented UX. One device to rule them all. Then Android can go straight to the garbage.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got a Samsung S8, it's an okay phone... but not as responsive as my 950 was. More apps, but the UI isn't as smooth. I've got the MS Launcher, and that helps, but it doesn't integrate well with my outlook.com account.

I had endless problems getting my outlook account to work with the Android outlook app. When I went through the setup it would think for a few seconds then just take me back to the sign in page. It kept saying it couldn't authenticate my account

It caused massive problems for me.

The other big issue was with contacts and calendar events. Because that's all tied into outlook it was an absolute nightmare getting it to sync.

In the end, I gave up and started accessing my emails through the outlook.com website. Fortunately the Outlook.com site is a PWA so I saved it to my homescreen and it looks and works just like an app.

Contacts are still a problem. I can't get my contacts in Windows to sync with Gmail :(

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, though I admit I miss HP webOS more. Even with an "open" platform like Android, I find the constraints of using Google services too much. Even though I use Outlook, Launcher, Cortana, and OneDrive, the system is very quick to default back to Google whenever it can.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I prefer Windows Mobile OS over Android - especially hate all the bloatware that cannot be uninstalled. But I'm also happy to have a phone that works wherever I roam. And that has those apps that WM never had.
I'm hoping MS will keep developing their launcher along with greater Cortana integration and functionality.
But on the whole, No, I'm not missing my Lumia 930.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I miss what it was about a year ago.

Mostly I miss Cortana. I mean the way she worked there. Hands free. Fully integrated. Powerful. You know, useful. Her implementation on Android is so nerfed that I feel frustrated. Diet Cortana sucks because I know how great she can be.

I like having apps, but I've been trying PWAs and they are pretty darn good so far. The App gap could eventually close significantly in theory...but as with all things MS it's; too little, too late.

Overall I liked when everything was under one roof. Now I have different houses for everything.
Streaming music? Go to Spotify.
My music? Groove.
Videos? Movies Anywhere. (Unless I got it on Windows, then I need my PC.)
Apps? Separate stores and purchases for my phone and my PC.
Calendar? Don't get me started. I literally want to flip my damn desk over. Outlook calendar on Android is frustratingly disconnected.

This is why I need telephony on Windows 10. I would rather carry an LTE Surface around than deal with this darn fragmented UX. One device to rule them all. Then Android can go straight to the garbage.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

There was a brief period in time when Microsoft nailed it and everything just synced so perfectly. As long as you were all in on Microsoft services (Groove, Film & TV, Office, etc) you could run Movies & Music across your laptop, tablet, phone and xbox so smoothly.

For productivity it was so simple. Create documents and notes in one place and they'd just pop right up on any device.

Take photos on your phone and 10 seconds later they were avialable to view on your xbox.

I get that the MS app store was bare, but compared to the Google store that's just full of rubbish it was a safe, secure and so very, very simple to find what you were looking for.

I'm using a few PWA's myself (Uber, Outlook, Trip Advisor, etc) and some of them are pretty darn amazing.

I'm hoping that PWA's and a decent windows on arm andromeda device arrives this year. I'd ditch android in about a second flat.

fjbeiderbecke

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I jumped to an iPhone a while back. The apps I used the most weren't on WM or they were lesser version. I was disappointed in my 950XL. I think my favorite was a 1520.

I have since moved to a Pixel 2 XL. It works.

I miss the UI, the Cortana integration.

Blagoja Stojanovski

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
Had a Lumia 920, and although it never got Win10M, I loved the Win8.1M. after that I got the Motorla X Pure which works ok but feels a bit unreliable i regards to business needs. I simply bought the Motorola cause I was looking for a new phone and heard that Microsoft killed the Windows Mobile.

redevall

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes....working with a Samsung gN8 at the moment...but greatly miss my WinMob. Everything (for me) just worked and synced the way I needed it to or wanted it too. And as one poster said above...Cortana...I miss how the hands free would work... A LOT.

jsh1701

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The wife and I have been with Windows phones since I switched from a 'dumb phone' to a smart phone. There was a short stint where my wife tried Android. She couldn't wait to switch back to Windows. We are milking our Windows devices for as long as we can. She has a Nokia 735, me an Icon. I dropped my Icon last year and shattered the screen and damaged the LCD, so I purchased an new Icon on EBay rather than switch. Hoping to hold out for something from MS with phone capabilities before these phones give up the ghost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon