Google search app for Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile won't work any more for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Just gives an error message "Server Connection failed. Try again." or something like that. With greyish triangle with exclamation mark.

Doesn't matter if I use voice search or type the search words.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Uninstalled the app, reinstalled and logged in again but it didn't fix the problem.

Too bad, because the voice search worked pretty well.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Another option would be to change the default search engine in Edge to Google, and perhaps pin the google.com site to your start screen.

Tony Martin7

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Another option would be to change the default search engine in Edge to Google, and perhaps pin the google.com site to your start screen.
Have the same "server contact" error:
(lumia 640) Sorry, but pinning to start does nothing. All other apps and programs work perfectly. Installing / reinstalling similarly useless. The problem started only a couple of days ago. I can usually fix my partner's phone problems - not this time! Please help.

Lilibg

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
So disappointed. Is there any alternative app or a work around? To my knowledge google search is the only app with speech recognition search in my native language which is Bulgarian.

Lilibg

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
Thank you, I'm gonna try installing Opera Mini when it becomes available. For now I get
"Opera Mini is currently not available"

Last edited:

Lilibg

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
Why the need for an app for Google search?

Because of using your voice to perform the search instead of typing. Imagine you are 80+ years old or disabled, and generally dictating is faster than typing. In Bulgarian. That is why we feel google has left us behind.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
"That is why we feel google has left us behind."

Actually, it is Microsoft who has left you behind. The Google Search app lives on, just not on dead phones.

Time to move on. Get a phone that won't be abandoned, because "Unfortunately it's another app that is being discontinued on the platform."

Last edited:

Lilibg

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
From my regular user's point of view I see the exact opposite situation - my beloved Lumia works just fine, only the Google Search app has been discontinued, with no goodbye and no explanation whatsoever... deceivingly.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
"That is why we feel google has left us behind."

Actually, it is Microsoft who has left you behind. The Google Search app lives on, just not on dead phones.

Time to move on. Get a phone that won't be abandoned, because "Unfortunately it's another app that is being discontinued on the platform."

Sadly this is completely true. One day there won't be any worthwhile apps left for WM10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss