Windows 10 UI

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Might be the only one thinking this, but I find it highly unsatisfying to see Windows 10 having an almost identical design as Windows 8.1(and an identical logo! Something that has ALWAYS changed in the past!). Don't get me wrong, I love Windows 10 and will probably love it for Phone as well, but the UI has to change (in my opinion)! If the UI is the same, I get a feeling that it is just another update from 8.1 regardless of the amount of stuff added to it.

Please MS, I would like to see you change the UI before its release

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
But it will be just another update from 8.1. What's wrong with the current UI btw? What would you like it to look like.
No it will not be just an update. It will be a unified OS that even skips the number 9 to stress the huge amount of changes made to it. Thing is that for me personally the system currently DOES feel like an update and it will continue to feel like that even with cortana, continuum, etc. Included. As for changes to the UI: if they really want to unify it and continue in the style of Win8, then they should change desktop style to a flat design as well: same right click menu's as in Start, the black titlebars like for apps, live tiles pinned to desktop, flat icons which is only very partially done right now, things like desktop calculator and paint revamped to new design, etc etc.

Right now it is a mixture from new and old just like windows 8 which felt like a half upgrade to me thanks to lack of UI consistency.

So yeah, that should be changed

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
They clearly said already that the Tech Preview is no where near the final product in terms of UI or functionality. The final UI won't be seen until early/mid next year. There's apparently a lot of drastic changes hence why the version jump from 8.1 to 10 for all their Windows products. Don't worry :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes