Why am I unable to change my browser's homepage?

Sunandan Mahant

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I can't change my browser's homepage.

I use Windows Technical Preview, today a Chinese program(hao100) tried to install by itself on my computer in the morning(I don't know how) but I declined in the 'Terms and conditions page' and it wasn't installed. Later I checked my browser(IE as well as Firefox), the homepage got changed to inlinesearch.com.
I've tried everything I could so far to remove it but nothing helps. I've played with browser settings and even reset both the browsers but nothing helped. Then I scanned PC for malwares and then for spywares but nothing was detected. I even went through my local disk(C:) but I didn't find any unknown software in program files.
Homepage isn't a big deal but I will be thankful to everyone here if I can change my homepage back to msn.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: I can't change my browser's homepage.

When you say you've reset them have you uninstalled and reinstalled? Check your add/remove programs for anything that looks suspicious too.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Been there:

first of all don't play with admin privileges specially in regedit.

It will only make it worse.

Second reach out to your best IT guy you know to help you.

It is mainly an internet add-on, but removing it is not as easy, as it keeps restarting whatever home screen you set.

To be Very honest, I had to reinstall windows because of it.

Sunandan Mahant

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I didn't reinstall the browser(just reset). There's nothing suspicious in add/remove programs. All programs are trustworthy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss