I just thought of the most insane idea

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So you saying alot of people didn't like the design of the 920 when it first came out because the only complaint was about the weight plus it was winning awards for the design

what no, I said nothing of the sort, if you look real closely in the fine print just 4 posts above yours, you may just see the part where i said "thats my opinion" might need to squint real hard to find it though!

but seriously, theres no need to derail this thread over this, I will not be responding to anymore posts relating to my opinions of the 92X in this topic after this one. (so don't bother posting your response)

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The reason why because the M8 tbh has the cooler perception and wave going the lumia series is great but far as perception by the general public probably meh I have the M8 for windows and it feels like a really cool device that alot of potential now that MS is baking some of the apps like Gestures and Lumia Cameria 5.0 it makes this phone even more potentially awesome because I'm getting services from both companies can't wait till Mixed Radio gets released to all Non-Lumia users so I enjoy it on my sweet M8

So you like the M8 and that defines what the public likes? Yes, maybe the use of insane in the title to the post is appropriate. That is getting awfully close to one of the operative definitions of a form of insanity.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Imagine if Microsoft worked closely with HTC for their own version of the M9(Hima) and since they now own Nokias mobile division and some of Nokias services what if they integrated some of the best of the what they have to offer into one phone that would be something like the Google and Samsung lightweight partnership but even more powerful including windows 10 out the box phewww boomsound+Pureview+Dot View Case+Cortana+HTC apps+MS/Nokia services ******* insane the possibilities man the possibilities

I am pretty sure they bought Nokia's hardware division so they can design and build their own devices. Why would they want to tie their future to another financially struggling OEM? Yes, they want companies on board but they did not acquire the stuff they did to pass around technology and patents like so much candy. You also seriously overestimate the extent to which anyone is lining up to buy HTC products. Their past lack of support and poor build quality left a bad taste for many people and their market share is projected to drop below 2% in 2015. I am glad you like HTC products but even combining their current 2% market share with the total market share for WP (which is not the way it works anyway) is hardly going to create something that will capture the public's imagination and get them to switch platforms. BTW, there also really isn't much of a Google/Samsung partnership (if any any).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying Microsoft should work with HTC to help make HTC produce a phone to take away Lumia sales? I guess if Microsoft cares more about overall quantity of device sales for the OS, as opposed to just growing the Lumia brand, it makes some sense. However, it's always hard to say a company should help the competition beat it.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully there will be an M9 Windows Phone version, because I kept hearing good things (besides the camera of course) about the M8 Windows Phone version. Of course I don't have any sales figures on me but I imagine it sold pretty decent.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
So you're saying Microsoft should work with HTC to help make HTC produce a phone to take away Lumia sales? I guess if Microsoft cares more about overall quantity of device sales for the OS, as opposed to just growing the Lumia brand, it makes some sense. However, it's always hard to say a company should help the competition beat it.

I'm sorry but HTC bailed out MS in releasing the M8 when they didn't have a flagship to offer the US. They don't have a competing lumia currently to take sales from so making the current flagship the best it can be is in everyone's interest.

I can see lumia and HTC on a six month apart flagship release schedule being nothing but beneficial to WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon