Two questions

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought I saw on the feed from the windows event, that Cortana will be able to open her notes. Like if I say take a note, the sky is blue and later ask her to add: the grass is green, that she will be able to open the note and add the additional info.

That is something I really want, so I may have imagined hearing it. I scoured you tube looking for it again and I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know if this will be a feature of Cortana on computers?

This website (thanks WindowsCentral) told me to sign up for Windows Insider to get the upgrade to 10 on my surface pro 2. I did that and it accepted it fine. But it didn't say anything about the phone. I may be confused, but I thought WindowsCentral told me that the phone developers preview won't work for 10. Do I need to do anything else to get 10?

I think all the new stuff looks wonderful and I am so happy I am getting it all for free!! Thanks MS!!

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Preview on the Phone won't be released until sometime in February....Cortana on the PC is still very much in Beta and new functionality will be added in the future.

Cortana on Phone 8.1 allow you to create Voice Notes already....

waeras

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea about Cortana, but I can help answer the second question.

The preview for Windows Phone will be released in february. When it is available you'll be able to log in with your Microsoft account in the Phone Insider app: Phone Insider | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) (you can download it now, but at the moment you need to be a Microsoft employee with a @microsoft.com e-mail to be able to log in).
As soon as it's released you'll see it here on windowscentral, for now just try it out on your Surface :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes