I did not know that..you probably didn't either.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I-did-not-know.jpg

This little feature has been around since Windows 8 burst on the scene but its also available on Windows 10 TP. That "thing" I'm talking about is the ability to mount an ISO image without the help of a third party utility. As it turns out, Internet Explorer is that tool to accomplish this and its simple. Right click on an ISO and select "Open With" Then from the drop down list select Internet Explorer. Boom, the file opens exposing all its contents including the installer. No need for third party apps to install from an ISO. If you didn't know that, now you know.

isodoc1.PNG
isodoc3.PNG

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I knew it! And you don't even have to right click; you can simply double click on it and it will mount.

I've been using this feature a lot since Windows 8 was released. In fact, it was a bit confusing for me at first. If I wanted to burn an ISO to DVD in Windows 7, I was used to simply double clicking on the ISO which would bring up the burn window. In Windows 8, double clicking on the ISO mounts it by default. To burn it to disk you have to right click and choose "Burn disc image" from the right click menu.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I knew it! And you don't even have to right click; you can simply double click on it and it will mount.

I've been using this feature a lot since Windows 8 was released. In fact, it was a bit confusing for me at first. If I wanted to burn an ISO to DVD in Windows 7, I was used to simply double clicking on the ISO which would bring up the burn window. In Windows 8, double clicking on the ISO mounts it by default. To burn it to disk you have to right click and choose "Burn disc image" from the right click menu.

Definitely is a nice surprise to me when I read about it while looking to download some iSO app. I was pleased a punch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon