Another 10240 install question

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm a Windows Insider, and while I installed a couple of builds along the way, I haven't had it installed for the last few months. I was just going to wait until it was deployed via Windows Update, but one of my 8.1 machines has suddenly refused to launch any Metro apps, and rather than going through all the possible fixes for that, I'd rather just update to 10 with the assumption that that will fix it.

My questions are, if I get a copy of 10240 to upgrade my 8.1 installation, would I be able to activate it? I don't care if I have to wait until the 29th to activate it, I just want to make sure that if I do the upgrade now I won't wind up having to do a full reinstall later.

Any advice?

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It most likely won't activate after the install. I'm not sure what would happen on July 29, but my guess would be that you wouldn't be able to activate then either. You'd probaby have to revert to 8.1 and update again.

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm also only install first insider build just for couple of week and roll back to win8.1.which I got free win10 upgrade offer from MS
A few days ago I install build 10240 on top of my 8.1 and it stay activated and it work flalessly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes