Win10 update fails- 3.9mb file 'KB3025417' fails every time... help!

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

Haven't received the W10 pop up notification yet, although I have reserved (UK) so out of curiosity I was checking win update for any recent updates for my 8.1 machine and after various successful security updates and a restart I was then surprised to see 'Downloading Windows 10' when I checked again. However, for over an hour now an update- which is only 3.9mb fails not allowing me to update anything else.. according to the update info this small update is an 'anti malware' update from March of this year- KB3025417 and is listed as 'important'... the update install list even has 'update to Windows 10 Pro' listed as failed, reflecting my multiple attempts..

I've just restarted the same 'Windows 10 download' via Win update and its saying 'Getting set up files..' and seems to be taking considerably longer than it had in the past attempts.. could this be it finally, regardless of the failed Win defender update??

15 minutes gone so far...

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
can someone please help me here pleeeeease? no Win10 luck at all... now im getting error '80244019' and cant check for updates... the original anti-malware update from march still wont install. i have run a malwar scan and its 'clean' no W10 popup yet. its failed about 20 times now. help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss