Office 2013 on Windows 10

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have my update ready for Windows 10 and is just a click away before I start upgrading from Windows 7.. Before that I want to know whether my Office 2013 Pro will run on Windows 10?

Ricky Laroza

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
For some reason when I upgraded the shortcuts in the start menu dissappeared. Even when I do a search for them i can't even find them. But if i go into the hard drive (C:\program files\microsoft office) it's there.

hb2p

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
BE CAREFUL!!

Office 2013 will open and work in Win10.

BUT - I am unable to open any Office documents that are attached to e-mails or other Office files downloaded from the Web.

hb2p

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I solved my problem by completely uninstalling Office 2013. Once that was done it was difficult to reinstall... I ended up wiping out all traces of all my Office apps and then reinstalling (about 2hours worth of time as I had to edit the reg file, etc. to get rid of all traces of Office before it would install... (I guess that is another problem that should be addressed elsewhere...).

Anyway, once finally reinstalled I can now open attachments from e-mails and the web.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am running W10 in two different places: my personal laptop (which was upgraded from W8.1 and then clean installed from a W10 ISO burned to a DVD) and on my work desktop (which was upgraded from W8.1 and left alone).

Both run Office 2013 (Personal on my laptop, Professional on my desktop). Both work flawlessly; I have no problems sending email or opening documents attached to emails or downloaded from the web.

hb2p

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw this today on the MS Community help forum:
--------------------------------------
If you are sure about the source of the files, save them to the local drive, then in File Explorer, right click on the files and select Properties and then click on the Unblock button. Then from within the application (Word or Excel as the case maybe), use File>Open and select the file on the local drive and click on Open.

By "Unblocking" the file, you will be by-passing the Office Protected View with which Microsoft have confirmed there is an issue when running Windows 10 and they are actively working on a fix for it.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
dkr@mvps.org
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------

I have not needed to try this, but others in the thread says it works.

Charles Baran

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Since installing Windows 10 my Excel and Word files only open in "read only" mode and I have to reset the permissions after each startup/reboot.:unhappy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes