After installing windows 10 I can no longer send emails with Outlook 2013.

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I installed windows 10 this morning and as a result I can no longer send emails with Outlook 2013. I get the following error code: 0x800CCC13.

I did a search to find a solution and noticed that more people have this problem after installing windows 10, but no solution. In the mean time I am using Thunderbird.

Could anyone solve it?

Last edited:

2uiam

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem but it went away after running 'sfc /scannow' from an Admin command prompt.

Hope that helps.

At the moment I can send emails again I didn't need to do anything. If the problems comes back I will try the Admin command prompt. Thanks.

crazylife4u

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello

Had some really weird problems with Outlook 2010 and 2013 based on all of the above. Strangely I could forward messages on once and then if I tried it again to the same email address it would fail. Upgraded 2010 to 2013 no joy. Deleted profiles, removed PST, changed to IMAP for all accounts nothing worked so far.

sfc /scannow found two errors and corrected them. I also ran a Windows update which updated my office 2013 SP1 install. So far I have been able to send. Would suggest anyone with same problems does:

sfc /scannow followed by updates if needed.

HTH

ak70

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I just tried 'sfc/scannow' but I got the following error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log"
I am still unable to send emails.
please help.

Nifty Cox

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi I also have the same problem, but when you run sfc/scannow from command prompt where do I have to be pointing i.e, C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc/scannow, this was the default on my CMD screen ?:sweaty:

bluesman50

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
To successfully sort this out you need to run the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker tool, also know as ?System File Checker? or ?sfc?. This tool scans and verifies the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct versions.
Proceed as follows:
Right click on the Start button of Windows and choose: Command Prompt (Admin).
If you don?t see this, instead choose: Windows PowerShell (Admin)
Behind the prompt type: sfc /scannow
(note the space in the command)
This gets the scan started.
Wait until the process completes. This usually doesn?t take longer than 20 minutes with a regular hard disk and takes much shorter when you have a fast SSD drive.
When the process is complete you will see a message in the black box confirming that corrupt files have been found and repaired.
type in: exit
The problem should now have been resolved, and next time you open Outlook it will take a few seconds longer than usual to open as it reconfigures. After that it should operate normally.

ruralranter

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with Outlook 2007 and with Thunderbird, both set up for IMAP.

Solution was painless, if a bit slow.... Use the Windows Resource Checker (aka Ststem File Checker ....SFC)......

RIGHT click on START

Select Command Prompt (Admin)

At the > prompt, type in sfc /scannow (note the gap after sfc)

Sit and wait until all checks are complete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon