I am confused about insider "Test" PC July 29 Update

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I have two PC's... A Surface Pro running Windows 8.1 and an older Desktop I have been testing Windows 10 on since the first builds.

Last evening I started getting downloads on both PC's into the $Windows~BT folder. This morning when I got up for work, I checked both PC's and the Surface had had the little Windows flag telling me that Windows 10 was ready to install. I will get to it this weekend, so my wife doesn't kill me.

On the Insider PC, I don't see any indication or option to update the OS. From what I have been reading, it is supposed to get some type of update and should have been included in the first wave.

Has anyone received an update on an insider PC, and how did you receive it? I assume the same way we have gotten all the other updates?

I didn't have a lot of time this morning, so maybe I missed something...

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Right - thus my confusion.

Lot's of discussion about insiders receiving the update first. That and we received the downloaded $Windows~BT file...

It sounded like the PC's with 10240 installed were going to get a formal update. If nobody received a release day update, then I am no longer confused, but the language sounded like we would.

And looking at some of the posts, it looks like I am not the only one confused by the language...

rouel26

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Same with me. I have 2 laptops, 1 with an insider account and the other one with an OEM license. The 1 with the OEM license upgraded to Win10 at around 2AM Pacific Time. Now, I am thinking that since my other laptop already has 10240 installed in it then it will not be upgraded anymore. However, patches or updates should still be downloaded from the net since there are still bugs in it (Store crashes, Explorer freezes). However, there is none.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon