Windows 10 Safe Mode?

aschaps

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I have an interesting dilemma. I've upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10, but completely forgot that I had disabled the touchscreen because it's broken. It's malfunction? It has "phantom" touches by the dozen continuously. In essence making navigation impossible. So I boot up in Win10 only to discover that it's been reset by default. No problem, I'll just go into trusty safe mode and disable it, right? Wrong! You need to log in to go into safe mode. So. I ask you bright minds to give me some trouble shooting ideas here. I need your help!

BTW the screen is irreparable. It was on the receiving end of a slip on the ice two winters ago.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

There should be an account saying defaultuser0 . No password required.

I was forced to use safe mode this morning. At first, when I hit sign in, it failed. But then it worked.

Also, is there no way to disable the touch screen in the BIOS?

aschaps

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Log into windows before you can enter safe mode. I did the upgrade so my original login account is there by default. Now I can't put my pin in because the phantom touches unselect the field in less than a second. The best I can manage is two digits out of four.

Also, checked BIOS and couldn't find anything to disable the touch screen. I wonder if I can use second screen and just disable my laptop one.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Log into windows before you can enter safe mode. I did the upgrade so my original login account is there by default. Now I can't put my pin in because the phantom touches unselect the field in less than a second. The best I can manage is two digits out of four.

Also, checked BIOS and couldn't find anything to disable the touch screen. I wonder if I can use second screen and just disable my laptop one.

This is tricky. Plugging in an external monitor wont automatically disable your screen though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon