The store is crashing in Windows 10, how can I fix it?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Store is crashing in Windows 10

you need to elaborate a bit more.

Is it giving you an error message? does it open that close quickly? nothing happens at all when you click on it?

MiguelCarino

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Same here, it just opens like 3~15 seconds and then closes. At first I thought the "Store" process was already running and because of something it wasn't opening, so I opened the task manager looking for the process but it was not running, I tried this because I had a similar problem with Windows 8.1 and closing the process solved it.
Baidu IME_2015-7-30_12-15-33.jpg

Then I thought it would happen with all the metro apps but that wasn't the case. I could open all my apps.
Baidu IME_2015-7-30_12-19-9.jpgBaidu IME_2015-7-30_12-19-20.jpgBaidu IME_2015-7-30_12-19-26.jpg

jevalladares

Windows 10 Champion, Q&A Team
Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue with the Windows Store.

I have tried several fixes found on Windows central f?rums for the beta and early builds without luck like:
1. Changing the time on my computer and desactivating timesync.
2. Executing wsreset on the powershell with admin rights and without it.
3. Executing the following command Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.Ins
tallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

All of them have given the same results. The Splash screen opens on the Windows store, but it closes/crashes after that.

Any help, the main reason to have the store is to see if I can download a copy of Outlook for my laptop.

Best Regards

Erasmo

jevalladares

Windows 10 Champion, Q&A Team
Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Ok, I was just able to solve the issue. Thanks systematicchaos for the solution on another f?rum. Here goes.

Found a solution for this. Was not able to open store on build 10240. Go to C:>users>user_name>AppData>Local>Packages>Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe>Local cache. Delete all the files and folders in there, problem solved.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes