No Java for Microsoft Edge?

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, after installing Win10, when I tried the Nvidia page to autodetect my videocard (which was unnecessary because Win10 installed the propper drivers lol) I found something weird.
I was asked to install Java (no, that's not the weird part) and when I agreed, the page sent me a message telling me my browser did not support extensions and that I should use IE11, Chrome, Opera, Firefox or Safari.

O__o

Does Microsoft Edge not support Java?

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Oooohh, interesting. I wonder why the Nvidia site asked me to install it.
Thank you Warder!

Edit:
On second thought, I suppose it has nothing to do with the explorer. Maybe it just needed Java to be installed on my PC.

anubhav756

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
What is the current web technology?

Is Edge ready for that?

What if a website (like Nvidia), does not support anything but Java? Is there an alternative?

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I also experienced an issue with my email (Zimbra email) I choosed to use the Ajax version and I got stuck at the "Loading mail" image. After 5 minutes, I decided to use IE.

I already reported the issue to MSFT but like you Anubhav, I'm wondering what is MSFT going to do? Nvidia uses Java to autodetect your videocard (a very useful tool for the non computer savvy) and while I can choose to load the HTML version of my job's mail, the Ajax experience is faster and more versatile.

I hope this are the things that are being fixed in this month's patch : /

rjackman2008

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Java is a current web technology. Just because its your opinion it isn't doesn't make it so. Otherwise java wouldn't have been updated as recently as August 18 2015.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes