mail app doesn't run in the background

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
That's horrible, I'm sorry. I thought my problem of having to manually sync was bad.

Heh.. it's OK. :) I do all of my emailing on my phone or just over the web browser anyway. Haven't used the mail app that much since it doesn't give me proper notifications. It does at least seem to run in the background.. from time to time.

I've tried the get-appxpackage *communi* | remove-AppxPackage command from an admin PowerShell window, but that seems to be hanging as well. I guess I just need to wait for their update to see if that corrects it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that seems like my issue. I just checked my store and saw the same three updates that were there the other day still have not downloaded and I just tried to download the ESPN app and it isn't working.

perhaps this is the fix...

"Starting August 8, users were reporting they were unable to access the Windows 10 Store and to use a number of their previously installed Store apps, including the built-in Windows 10 Mail and Calendar."

Microsoft fixes Windows 10 Store glitch | ZDNet

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
So is this problem fixed for you? I still don't receive any notification in the Action Center when I receive a new e-mail. :(

acerace113

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
My live tile all of a sudden started working and I started to get notifications for the mail app yesterday at about 6:17 pm EST on windows 10. I'm not running the preview version either.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep, there was update few days ago. But... nothing has changed for me. Still no notifications :/

BTW, there you can find info about updates: run -> perfmon /rel

Last edited:

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
17.6120.42011.0 - this is my version. I got this update 2 days ago. Check: Store -> Downloads.

edit: OMG, sorry! Fixed! Stupid fingers ;-)

yaynative

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Same version. I just noticed my tile is updating and I am getting notifications from the app. It is still not syncing to other devices though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon